Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/6/2019 9:03:51 PM EDT
I've been offered of of two Mak90's.  Both are stamped.  The top GLNIC imported gun is a slant back receiver.  It's pretty well spotless inside and appears shot very little.  The end of the barrel is threaded.  I'm guess the receiver was originally made for a folding stock by that strange looking rear pin? The carrier and bolt are blued and all numbers match.  The bottom gun is a CJA import with a non threaded barrel and square back receiver.  The carrier and bolt appear to be plated and all numbers match.   It's been fired more from the looks of the internals.   Is either rifle more desirable than the other?  I'm not an AK guy so wanted some input from you guys.

Link Posted: 7/6/2019 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends if  you want to change the stock and what stock you want. Personally I think the underfolder model with the threaded barrel would be the best one if you don't plan/need to leave it stock.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Square back.

Much easier and cheaper to convert to true pistol grip.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#3]
If the FSB has the hole for the detent (the detent is often knocked in - just remove the first FSB pin, penetrating fluid and pry out) - should cost you about $75 to have a plate welded on the slant if there is not one already there. Blue it yourself. Buy a $35 folding stock kit (I have several extra from older builds yet to be listed here - hoping for another MAK-90/NHM-90 score) and you are good to go. Ironwood slant kit - $325.
Otherwise Ironwood straight stock kit for $325 or Magpul folder
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, the top one and get a folding stock kit for it along with a nice wood chinese grip, plus a slant brake and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 2:44:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Hands down I'd be all over that underfolder on top. Also value wise the underfolder will have more value.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 3:04:45 AM EDT
[#6]
What is the price for each gun?

Personally, I'd go for the straight cut. Underfolder stocks suck. Had my fill of them. A straight cut is much more versatile and capable. Threaded barrel is a non factor to me for a AK.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#7]
He started out $800 for either rifle, but did come down to $1,200 for the pair.  I may see see if he'd do $600 for one.   I owned one in the 80's for a short time, but I only paid $169 (if I remember correctly) for it new then. :)   I just thought it might be nice to have at least one AK again.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He started out $800 for either rifle, but did come down to $1,200 for the pair.  I may see see if he'd do $600 for one.   I owned one in the 80's for a short time, but I only paid $169 (if I remember correctly) for it new then. :)   I just thought it might be nice to have at least one AK again.
View Quote
Buy both for $1,200.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Buy both for $1,200.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#10]
The square back receiver any day of the week, unless the slant back gun is $150 less. Square back guns are always more desirable, & always cost more because they can use the factory butt stock, vs the slant gun needing the expensive Ironwoods butt stock. I have a square back 90, & I put a Romy folder on it. This way I can go back to the wooden butt stock in 5 minutes. Many people really want the under folder until they own one, & see how uncomfortable it is. Then there's no going back. GARY
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Not sure what you guys are thinking but the money is on the undefolder.
That one usually go for $1K at gunbroker in its original configuration.
I have two and turned them into a double folder.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not sure what you guys are thinking but the money is on the undefolder.
That one usually go for $1K at gunbroker in its original configuration.
I have two and turned them into a double folder.
View Quote
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top