Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/20/2019 9:37:55 PM EDT
I got a Chinese Type 56 SKS but the stock has multiple cracks.

I hear that fitting can be tricky. How would I know which stock will fit my rifle?

I see quite a few for sale on eBay.

My rifle has screwed on barrel and short collar.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I can tell you that you can tell spike from blade from the side as spike cut stocks have two pins in the fore end while blade cut stocks only have one. As far as stocks for threaded barrels or pinned barrels, you just have to try them on. A pinned barrel stock will go on a threaded barrel gun, the other way around requires some work to the cross bolt and or relieving the rear of the inlet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can tell you that you can tell spike from blade from the side as spike cut stocks have two pins in the fore end while blade cut stocks only have one. As far as stocks for threaded barrels or pinned barrels, you just have to try them on. A pinned barrel stock will go on a threaded barrel gun, the other way around requires some work to the cross bolt and or relieving the rear of the inlet.
View Quote
Thanks for the information. Strangely  my spike stock has only one pin?
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top