Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/3/2020 1:03:51 PM EDT
Are the EKP-1S-03M kobra sights available?  Where?
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I got mine from Kalinka a few years back.  It was between the PK-01 the PK-AS and the Kobra.

Have yet to try it out at the range though.

Just looked and yea do not see them on their site anymore.  Just bits and pieces.  Amazon has them from what I saw though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're dead set on one this may not be of any value to you, but they're really not that great of an optic. They aren't anywhere near daylight bright and the zero isnt dead on changing between the reticles, at least mine wasn't. Don't know if they've changed in the last 12 years or so
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're dead set on one this may not be of any value to you, but they're really not that great of an optic. They aren't anywhere near daylight bright and the zero isnt dead on changing between the reticles, at least mine wasn't. Don't know if they've changed in the last 12 years or so
View Quote

That's what I heard and it's why I was also looking at the PK-01 and PK-AS both of which seem to be much better than the Kobra.  However I was after a certain look with my AK build.

As for the OP's interest I do not know.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 7:28:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Interesting.  Im just trying to keep my vepr 100% russian.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I used one on my WASR before any of the modern stuff came available. It was daylight bright enough for use out in the desert for me. The tip of the cheveron isn't in the same spot as the dot so I think that may have thrown some people off about the zero of the different reticles. I suspect the chevron is supposed to use a 300m or 400m zero as well.

Shows in stock at Kalinka. Looks like Ivan has some in stock as well, but doesn't look like it comes with the sunshade, and I've heard ordering, or rather receiving anything from Russia right now is a pain.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got mine from Kalinka a few years back.  It was between the PK-01 the PK-AS and the Kobra.

Have yet to try it out at the range though.

Just looked and yea do not see them on their site anymore.  Just bits and pieces.  Amazon has them from what I saw though.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I actually really like mine. Not the best optic but a cool item none the less.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#8]
This is mine. I like it on my AK just for the different factor. Its plenty day light bright. Batt life isnt near as good as other modern optics. The reticle is just fine. I can hit man size targets at 300 meters no issues.

My meprolight m21 has far more issues with washout than this thing does.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top