Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/29/2019 12:48:06 AM EDT
Does anyone have a source for reliable 7.62x39 tracers?

UPDATE: 30 rounds went through a SLR-107FR flawlessly.  I'll be ordering more.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.unammo.com/

scroll down about 2/3 down you will find tracers listed.

Also listed at the top of page.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.unammo.com/

scroll down about 2/3 down you will find tracers listed.

Also listed at the top of page.
View Quote
I got 100 in to test them.  I stopped at 15 when 14 required banging on the bolt handle and 15 required a cleaning rod to get the spent casing out of the barrel.  Did you have similar problems with them, or better results?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to load my own with 7.62x51mm M-62 tracer pulls. No issues at all.

Sounds like you got a poorly manufactured batch. Did you contact the seller?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not yet. I wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on the ammo or company.  I'll wait another day or two and them contact them and report back with their response.  Hopefully it is good.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not yet. I wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on the ammo or company.  I'll wait another day or two and them contact them and report back with their response.  Hopefully it is good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent them an email on Tuesday.  It is Friday, so far no response.  I just emailed them again. I'll let you know how it goes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I sent them an email on Tuesday.  It is Friday, so far no response.  I just emailed them again. I'll let you know how it goes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did hear from them.  They asked me to try the tracers in a different AK, which is reasonable.  They suggested I might lube up the chamber, which I'm not going to do.  The only problem is the weather in November is like January, so I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to try the tracers again.  I do know I really would prefer they work fine and I can assume I've found a reliable source for 7.62x39 tracers.  I'll report back whenever I do get a chance to test them in another AK.  Now if January weather would go away until, I don't know, say JANUARY!  Where is all that global warming the libs yap about?
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I did hear from them.  They asked me to try the tracers in a different AK, which is reasonable.  They suggested I might lube up the chamber, which I'm not going to do.  The only problem is the weather in November is like January, so I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to try the tracers again.  I do know I really would prefer they work fine and I can assume I've found a reliable source for 7.62x39 tracers.  I'll report back whenever I do get a chance to test them in another AK.  Now if January weather would go away until, I don't know, say JANUARY!  Where is all that global warming the libs yap about?
View Quote
Lubricate the chamber?! That's how they used to do proof testing; the lubricant prevents the casing from adhering to the chamber when it expands, putting all of the stress on the locking lugs.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#8]
There is no reason why you should have to lube the chamber of an AK to get it to function.

The manufacturer's suggestion to do that is pants-on-head retarded.

That being said, the AK's extraction force and grip on the case rim is pretty substantial. I'm having a hard time understanding how the cases are getting stuck in your chamber.

What kind of AK? Chrome lined barrel/chamber? Clean? Pitted chamber? What do the fired cases look like?
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There is no reason why you should have to lube the chamber of an AK to get it to function.

The manufacturer's suggestion to do that is pants-on-head retarded.

That being said, the AK's extraction force and grip on the case rim is pretty substantial. I'm having a hard time understanding how the cases are getting stuck in your chamber.

What kind of AK? Chrome lined barrel/chamber? Clean? Pitted chamber? What do the fired cases look like?
View Quote
It was shot from a micro Draco that is relatively new and less than 1,000 rounds fired through it.  The cases had part of the rim ripped up and disconnected from the casing, but not completely off.  The first jam, round #14, I was able to get the spent casing out by putting the Draco on the concrete and then use my weight to push down on the handle attached to the bolt .  On #15, I had to use a cleaning rod to get the spent out; just using my weight wasn't enough to get it out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I did the same as 1devildog and loaded my own from pulled bullets. I got them from Doug Haig (SMA Ammo ) in Phoenix. That was about 4-5 years ago, not sure if he is still in business.
A recent search for SMA didn't come up
Here are a couple threads I did on the ammo:
http://www.scoutrifle.org/index.php?topic=5585.0
https://www.perfectunion.com/vb/ruger-mini-14-mini-30/108325-sma-specialty-ammo.html
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top