Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/29/2019 3:48:45 AM EDT

I just picked up this M92 yesterday, got home to check it out and noticed that the rear sights is slightly off compared to the front. Is there anyway to push this rear sight over some? I also noticed that the sight system as a whole is off compared to the frame of the gun. Is this going to be a problem?
I am also going to email century arms as well, but if I can fix it myself I would rather do that. Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You should still be able to zero it. A lot of tolerance in the front sight post for windage and elevation.

Look at how the dust cover sits when its open, if closing it causes it to torque. If you want it to be perfectly straight you may need to remove material on one side or re cut the retainer hole in the back, so when its closed it rest as straight as possible.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
OP, there are a lot of variables in how you measured: 1) Can't check front sight level based on the top of the open ears, you're assuming they are perfectly horizontal relative to each other, 2) Same for rear sight, 3) bubble on top of the top cover doesn't mean gun is horizontal.  Only thing you can do is test firing to see how much, if any, the front sight need to move.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#3]
As stated above...test fire before doing anything to see if the site can be dialed in. As long as it does, they will tell you it’s fine.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 7:36:07 AM EDT
[#4]
D&T the rear sight for a bolt on Pic rail. Mount micro dot. Never again worry about the cant and have a more effective sighting system.

My M92 front sight was waaaay off, so much that I couldn't drift the sight post far enough left to get it on paper at 25 yards.
Due to the severe nature of my sight cant problem it sorta forced me into D & T the pic rail as there was no real other feasible option.

YMMV
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]
When I got my M92 nothing was visibly canted but I couldn’t drift the front sight far enough to zero it. I wound up scooting the rear sight over about 1/8 inch by grinding some metal off the appropriate side of the sight blade then using a little spacer on the cross pin to hold the sight to the proper side. That wound up allowing me to zero the gun with the front sight almost perfectly centered In its housing. It’s worked very well other than not being able to flip the rear sight anymore. I can provide a pic if anyone wants to see it.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top