Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2018 10:22:03 PM EDT
Buddy gave me some old stuff today and this was in in. I guess it's Russian just wondering what series of AK74 it is?

Thanks

Link Posted: 7/24/2018 12:41:54 AM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 1:05:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it is from a Saiga rifle.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok thanks

here is the other side of the trunion

Link Posted: 7/25/2018 6:17:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like it's from one of the factory deactivated "deko" guns they sell in Europe......the markings on the (R) side are identical.

Are the locking lug recesses intact?
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like it's from one of the factory deactivated "deko" guns they sell in Europe......the markings on the (R) side are identical.

View Quote
This. Those markings aren't found on US imports. The biggest hurdle you're going to have with using that front trunnion is the bolt cam rivet. However, you could just replace the bullet guide for one with the bolt cam built into it since you're going to need a new receiver anyway.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not sure

Will post a pic later
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
@Villafuego

the pic is above, no clue as I don't know what a AK74 barrel trunion looks like.

Built a 556 AK but that is it
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Any other advice of what I have? is this just a trunion of a dummy rifle?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 5:30:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any other advice of what I have? is this just a trunion of a dummy rifle?
View Quote
Looks like the locking lug recess has been milled away to me.....at least on the (L) side......
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Looks like the locking lug recess has been milled away to me.....at least on the (L) side......
View Quote
Yup.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Its a dummy/scale model of AK. In Russia its not so simple to get a rifle(5 years of ownership of shotgun), so people collect that stuff, schools buy it to show students how how to assemble/disassemble/hold/etc.
As i see it was made in ISHMASH(where all army AK and saiga from), price in Russia for new one about 250-300$

PS
There are 2 types:
???-MMG(scale model that youve got) and C?? (SHP) that can shoot special blank ammunition.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top