Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2018 4:38:56 PM EDT
So I have quite a few AKs but it has been a while since I purchased anything. I got to looking and noticed prices have gone up a  bunch. So I decided to start watching out for any decent deals on AKs. I have a few the kinda "tactical" but most are traditional and correct/debanned, ect.

So I was thinking I did not have an Egyptian AK so I started watching for Maadis. I ended up winning an auction for what I thought was a Maadi, but after looking closer at the pics I noticed the front sight did not look right. After doing some research I found that this is. MISR90, apparently a Maadi receiver with a MAK90 parts kit built on it. It was an impulse buy as the auction was ending otherwise I would have researched it more.

So what should I do? It won't be a correct anything and I dont want to dump a ton of money into it. I was thinking about getting a ribbed top cover, akm front sight, in vented gas tube and having them installed. Then maybe it would look more correct... I guess.

I also read it could end up being slant cut receiver, if so I guess I could have an underfolder installed as I have a few of them laying around.

What do yall think?

James
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I would just keep it as is or sell it and get what you want.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a childers chicom receiver, swap out the misr receiver, then build the MISR into a maadi clone, if you can find a parts kit.

https://www.childersguns.com/Receivers/CGC-Chinese-AK-47-Receiver

Or, sell it and buy this:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/791972378
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:22:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Man, that Chinese receiver is nice, probably too nice for these parts, I might get one of those later incase I run across a bwest built gun that needs a new receiver.

I guess I will wait and see if the receiver is slant cut.

James
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top