Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/14/2018 9:10:40 PM EDT
Picked up a slightly used Draco a few weeks ago and it came with a Tapco G2 trigger in it.  Took the gun to the range, ran it hard and fast, and performed flawlessly.  Decided I was going to sell my M92 which had an ALG trigger in it that has worked Flawlessly (in the M92) so I switched triggers......put the ALG in the Draco and the Tapco G2 in the M92 before I sold it (its gone now).  Been to the range twice with the Draco since ALG install and its not going well on this particular gun.

Range trip 1 - Ran reliably 75% of the time, a few double fires that I didnt do, a few click but no bangs after the last fired shot, still with plenty of ammo left in the mag

Came home that day, inspected the trigger, everything looked normal

Range trip 2 today - Failed 90% of the time, had to quit after 40 rounds.  It went into full auto bursts ever other couple shots, lots and lots of click but no bangs with rounds still in the mag

Any ideas whats happening?  Something I can fix or do I just need to throw another G2 in it?  I love flatter triggers,  this ALG worked perfect in my M92 and the other ALG I have in my SLR-95 has never had a single issue either, not sure why it doesnt like this Draco

EDIT: upon further investigating, it appears the carrier is BARLEY making contact with the trigger hook / arm.......i have a slight bit of finish wear on the corner / side of the trigger hook / arm where the carrier just barely glazes it as it passes it.  Its so little contact that you cannot feel anything out of the norm when running the charging handle (no hangup / heavy weight in a certain spot, etc)...........but yea, if I take the hammer out, leave the trigger in, and run the carrier back you can see it slightly touch it and the trigger move a tad.........could that be causing it?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Picked up a slightly used Draco a few weeks ago and it came with a Tapco G2 trigger in it.
View Quote
Strange, both my Draco C, & Micro Draco came with Romanian trigger groups, since pistols do not require any US parts. 922 does not apply to pistols.  GARY
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Strange, both my Draco C, & Micro Draco came with Romanian trigger groups, since pistols do not require any US parts. 922 does not apply to pistols.  GARY
View Quote
yea this was a slightly used draco with aftermarket parts, owner put in the Tapco
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#3]
in case anyone else comes across this thread with similar issues, i switched the ALG out of the Draco into my SLR-95 and the other ALG out of the SLR-95 into the Draco.  Both guns work flawlessly, guess the Draco didnt like the (1) particular ALG for some reason.  That one was one of the very first ever released to the public, and ive heard rumors they were slightly out of spec.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Good. Had me worried. Just bought an ALG for my Draco.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:21:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Got my ALG in my Draco. You couldn't pull the bolt back unless you kept the trigger pulled. Bolt carrier was running into the trigger bridge.

I called ALG and told them what it was doing. The way he talked it wasn't an uncommon issue. They had ran into it before. I was told to remove enough material from the bridge to allow the carrier to pass in the same manner as the safety was fit.

Took me about ten minutes but got it squared away and feels great now.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top