Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2020 9:45:24 AM EDT
I finally bit the bullet and bought a Zastava M70 and so far so good.  Since I’m a little nervous about the election coming up I’m already thinking about getting another.

Do you think I should get another Zastava or a different one, Wasr, etc?  Can’t spend an arm and leg though.  Especially since I’m stocking up on mags and ammo I find.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Kinda hard in today’s market. Might have to settle on whatever you can find. AK’s in my AO are non existent and harder to find than ammo or AR’s. Glad I stocked up on AK’s 15 years ago when they were reasonable. I’d say go with another Zastava or the mighty Wasr. First Wasr I picked up was in 04, has never let me down once.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#2]
A SIG 552, or, if your on a budget a SIG-USA 556R 7.62x39 with a Swiss side folder stock.

If Rolex built an AK.....
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#3]
The Zastava ZPAP M70 is sweet, I have never liked AKs, but these are made better than I remember seeing and the ZHUKOV-S folding stocks by Magpul on them make a sweet package.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Another M70 it is. Thanks for the feedback
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Consider an m92 if you already have an m70.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#6]
The PSA AK103 is a really good deal IMO

I ended up with two myself. Rob Ski from AKOU shot less than 1.5 MOA suppressed with the one I loaned him for the test, and the other day a buddy shot 1.8" at 100 yards suppressed with his

I'm in the process of doing a head to head accuracy test against a Saiga AK103 conversion. The PSA rifles really seem to benefit from the weight of a suppressor on the barrel but so far in my testing are pretty average with just the 74 brake

PSA seems like they did a really good job with their AK103 line. They are having some level of issues with their brand new AK74 and have definitely had bumps in the road with their previous GF series AKM pattern rifles, but the AK103 style seems to be hitting on all cylinders and is a solid gun

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ll look into the M92.  Never considered a pistol.

I’ve looked at the PSA AK’s but I’m not thrilled about the unlined barrel.  Robs review also mentioned them being over gassed.  What’s been your experience with that?
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't have any experience with most of their AKs but I have two PSA AK103s, one of which Rob tested and neither are overgassed. Neither is my friends 103

They definitely had some QC issues as they worked bugs out of their overall manufacturing capability for AKs but each generation has gotten better. It looks like the 103 is stable and doing very well in the market. No majors issues that I've heard of on the 103s. The new 74 has some teething troubles but not the 103
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#9]
The m70 with the poly furniture finally showed up and I think it’s even more comfortable than the one with a wood stock. Now I’m tempted to get the PSA GF3 with the folding stock lol.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 7:04:11 AM EDT
[#10]
The PSA AKs are pretty sweet for the price. If I was to get another AK it would be a AKP in 7.62x39 or their new AK74. The AKV is nice but I see no need to have more than one. If for some reason the PSA stuff isn't to your liking
my PAP M92 and M85 have been great but you do have to add a brace and a rail.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The new Imports by Zastava Arms USA are very nice and they have the thicker 1 .5 mm reciever now and chrome lined barrel . All of this being said it may not be the time to be super picky or wait as imported AKs have been scarce since Covid 19 impacted imports and with the current Political situation may not improve . Hopefully we will continue to see Imported and Domestic AK-47 firearms offered for sale .

https://atlantic-firearms-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/media/sylius_shop_product_original/product/zastava-arms-zpapm70-ak47-1-5mm-serbian-red-zr7762rt-685757098250-12.jpg
View Quote

I got mine from you...Now its even better..
" />
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#13]
ZPAP 92 is the answer.

Now that they have gone with the same bulged trunnion, 1.5mm receiver, and chrome lined barrel as the M70, they are probably the best value in the AK market right now.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#14]
take a rifle dynamics build class and build your own
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I got mine from you...Now its even better..
https://i.imgur.com/Z5gHRbz.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/Z5gHRbz.jpg
View Quote

Stuka (or anyone else)
I am new to the AK realm and I am interested in getting one sooner rather than later.  I have been looking at the Zastava M70's as they have chrome lined barrels along with a 1.5mm receiver (which I perceive as being better?).  I see your rifle has some after market furniture, and I was wondering if it is an ZPAP M70?  And, if yours is not a ZPAP, do you know if the ZPAP's can take aftermarket stocks/handguards?  (I have the impression the AK rifles to not have the compatibility across manufactures that AR15's do. )  
thanks for fielding a newbie AK inquiry.

Best,
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:33:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Stuka (or anyone else)
I am new to the AK realm and I am interested in getting one sooner rather than later.  I have been looking at the Zastava M70's as they have chrome lined barrels along with a 1.5mm receiver (which I perceive as being better?).  I see your rifle has some after market furniture, and I was wondering if it is an ZPAP M70?  And, if yours is not a ZPAP, do you know if the ZPAP's can take aftermarket stocks/handguards?  (I have the impression the AK rifles to not have the compatibility across manufactures that AR15's do. )  
thanks for fielding a newbie AK inquiry.

Best,
View Quote

I have both the ZPAP M70 as well as the 92. I couldn't be happier!  I previously owned a PSA GF3 and had some concerns.  It seemed built decently, but the sights were canted badly.  I sold it.   I installed a midwest industries lower hand guard with minor fitment and have also swapped the upper with a wood Yugo piece (on the M70). I would say that there are no issues with aftermarket items.  just make sure they fit the "Yugo" pattern otherwise you may end up with problems.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:38:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Been pretty happy with the M70 ZPAP build...
would like a M92 sometime later
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Cool pic, camo wraps on the Magpul?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/f4otzhd.jpg?1

Been pretty happy with the M70 ZPAP build...
would like a M92 sometime later
View Quote

What optic mount do you have, and does it hold zero well?  That’s a nice looking ZPAP!
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What optic mount do you have, and does it hold zero well?  That’s a nice looking ZPAP!
View Quote

It's an Attero Arms mount. Seems all the M70 owners are going this route (myself included) since the RS Regulate mount's are impossible to find.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Cool pic, camo wraps on the Magpul?
View Quote

turbo,

my buddy got REAL bored and got good at using dye to create patterns, so i picked up his methods & decided to try it on the FDE furniture on the AK...
Also darkened the sling to try and match.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

thanks!

yes, Attero.  unfortunately there is a bit of slop with that mount in the ZPAP, so I took some measures...
-tapped the mount for #8-32 hex cap screw
-made some shims for the front and rear...with a harbor freight feeler gauge
After the mods it was pretty damn solid.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

thanks!

yes, Attero.  unfortunately there is a bit of slop with that mount in the ZPAP, so I took some measures...
-tapped the mount for #8-32 hex cap screw
-made some shims for the front and rear...with a harbor freight feeler gauge
After the mods it was pretty damn solid.

https://i.imgur.com/vKZOx5u.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/WgkSVwA.jpg?1
View Quote

Good thinking!!  Looks good
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top