Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/5/2018 9:17:08 AM EDT
I've seen the sales lately (e.g. $449 on sale at some online retailers)  There seems to be several variations of these that came in where the
-first was made by IO inc and crap assembly then
-later the 100% Polish made, but some reviews indicate some Polish imports have crap parts and Mishaco reported some stretch in a rifle version he received.  
-supposedly these may have been corrected from early imports??
-There is also a version called the Lynx - another 100% Polish import - perhaps not the Radom made version??

I am confused as to who made what and which is crap.  I don't really mind cast parts so long as they are heat treated appropriately - but I am confused as to if the new ones offered by Centerfire and others are good or not.  Real hands on review and/or experience info is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of the early Polish made imports. No issues.  Anything made by Century has potential to go from good to bad. You are safe avoiding those.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I got mine in 2014, SBR'd it and have maybe 700 rounds through. Hasn't busted on me yet. Will report if it ever does.

Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got mine in 2014, SBR'd it and have maybe 700 rounds through. Hasn't busted on me yet. Will report if it ever does.

https://i.imgur.com/RcJQJIv.jpg
View Quote
That's hot AF...

To the OP, the "Hellpup" and the WBP Lynx are not the same. The Lynx is made by WBP in Radom, but not by the .mil Radom company. Although, they use parts made by Radom. I have the Lynx and it's a great pistol. I just submitted my Form 1 for it.

That being said, the rail for the Tactical model is out of spec. I had to run it on the mill to make it work.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Radom factory (original factory produced the ak 47 and AKM) stopped it's production 20 years ago, and all surplus parts were sold. The AK that you can buy now are made at small factories recently converted to such production of civil AK. So don't be surprised of their shitty quality. And Radom is polish city and those small factories established there. But it doesn't mean it is real thing. Actually the only civil Ak made by the same factory as the military one are Serbian Zastava, Russian Vepr and some Chinese brands. Concerning the RADOM factory they produce the bulpup guns and the local version of AR 15
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 1:56:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Radom factory (original factory produced the ak 47 and AKM) stopped it's production 20 years ago, and all surplus parts were sold. The AK that you can buy now are made at small factories recently converted to such production of civil AK. So don't be surprised of their shitty quality. And Radom is polish city and those small factories established there. But it doesn't mean it is real thing. Actually the only civil Ak made by the same factory as the military one are Serbian Zastava, Russian Vepr and some Chinese brands. Concerning the RADOM factory they produce the bulpup guns and the local version of AR 15
View Quote
Is the Draco made on a Romania "military" factory?
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 1:15:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not quite accurate per the wiki .
In 1990 the factory returned to its old name Zaklady Metalowe "Lucznik" (Metal Works "Lucznik"), "lucznik" meaning 'archer'. It became a state-owned company (SA). On 13 November 2000 the company was declared bankrupt, however, on 30 June 2000 a company Fabryka Broni "Lucznik" - Radom (Arms Factory Lucznik - Radom) was created by ZM Lucznik and the Industry Development Agency, which took over arms production.[
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Radom is still producing the Beryl, Polish modernized version of AKM.
Sorry for my false statement.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a Polish Hellpup for $250 on black friday in 2015.  I SBR'd it of course,  since the stamp cost as much as the gun and have shot it heavily.  It has seven non-matching serial numbers on it which makes me think its some kind of parts kit franken gun.  For its shit pedigree mine is a solid shooter but I do feel like I just got lucky with it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 4:47:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I picked up a Polish Hellpup for $250 on black friday in 2015.  I SBR'd it of course,  since the stamp cost as much as the gun and have shot it heavily.  It has seven non-matching serial numbers on it which makes me think its some kind of parts kit franken gun.  For its shit pedigree mine is a solid shooter but I do feel like I just got lucky with it.
View Quote
Now that is a good review!  Thank you.

I didn't end up getting a Hellpup, I happened across a Draco for a good price and will use that as a future SBR project - Wanting doing an AIMR clone when I get the pieces.  I wish I would stop running across so many good deals this year so I could catch up on my projects - but there are many good gun deals and want to keep adding to the pile while prices and laws are favorable.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#10]
OP...

FB Radom still makes military arms for the Polish military. Pioneer Arms markets themselves as 'Radom' but it's a ploy as they're 'Radom' only in the sense they are based in that city. Stay away from Pioneer Arms!! WBP is another Radom company but nothing at all like Pioneer Arms and much more transparent about what and who they are. They are a civilian manufacturer yes, but they are also a sub-contractor for FB Radom proper. They work closely with FB Radom, learned from them, and some of their parts actually come from FB Radom. I have one of their Fox rifles and it is the nicest stamped AK I've ever handled and very accurate. Their first run of rifles had a less than stellar finish but the current runs have vastly improved in that area. The only issue I've ever heard of regarding their Lynx pistol is one had a rear trunnion crumble within a hundred rounds. This sounds bad, and it is, but Atlantic Arms made it right with the owner. It's also important to remember that within that round count and being only a single example, that is almost certainly a fluke and these happen.

At this point in time I think WBP offers the best quality AK available.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top