Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2020 6:22:14 AM EDT
What optic is your favorite on this pistol?

It looks like the Sig Romeo 5 low mount can co-witness with irons. Also an rmr style RDS looks interesting too

Want to hear what you are running and have used.

Photos are worth 1k words
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Romeo 5 cw better, but I like the wider obj lens of the mro.
Still cw just more of a lower 1/8th .
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I posted quite a few pics HERE which shows my AK-V with an RMR and an MRO.

The RMR will not co-witness with the Trijicon non-QD low mount, and especially will not with an ADM qd mount. My thought behind going with the QD mount was that if it ever crapped out I could just quickly remove it to use the irons, and it only sits about .20" higher that the non-QD low mount so cheek weld isn't really affected.

My MRO is currently sitting on a Trijicon non-QD low mount and it will not co-witness the irons either, well not really effectively. It's like lower 10th on my AK-V, so I plan to get a QD mount for it also.

I did throw a Vortex Crossfire that I had sitting around on it also. It does co-witness pretty nicely, like lower 1/5, which I like even more so on AK type rifles where you can't fold the sights out of the way. Unfortunately I did not take any pics of it but the sight picture was very very similar to what my Sig Romeo 5 looks like on my SLR-106 with an Attero Arms Bravo mount. See pic below

Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Primary Arms MD-RB-AD.  I love these sights. I put them on all my rifles. They have a lifetime warranty and 50k hour battery life on middle setting (leave on and change the battery every presidential election). Uses a T1 mounting base.

On the AK-V it sits nice and low. I get a lower 1/3 cowitness.

Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a simple lowly Bushnell TRS-25. It nearly absolute co-witnesses.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top