Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/17/2021 8:51:34 PM EDT
I I know there is a Chinese, yugo and I think the 20 rnder is Hungarian. The other 2 on the top right seem different, the 2nd to last one ribs seem to be sharper an more crisp than the rest, and the last one to the right top row has something protruding out of the base plate. I know it’s a retainer but it’s sticks out more than the rest. Any more info would be awesome.

Mags
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Far from an expert, but the bottom ribs not being uniformly crisp says Romanian to me. Just has that look about it...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:32:20 AM EDT
[#3]
The 20 in a Hungarian as you mentioned. Then Chinese then what should be a Yugo in the middle of the top row.  The others you need to look at the spine for markings.  They look like random commie surplus which is a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Any stamps or markings on the spine or back?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Any marking on the plastic one?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:04:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a similar question. Got a magazine from a buddy a few days ago and the marking looks like a “house” with a tear drop under it. Doesn’t look like any markings I’m seeing online.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#7]
@canthony123 - That sounds like the logo on the Bulgarian commercial polymer magazine. Here's a picture from the product listing on the Atlantic Arms website:

AK47 MAGAZINE POLYMER-BULGARIAN
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@canthony123 - That sounds like the logo on the Bulgarian commercial polymer magazine. Here's a picture from the product listing on the Atlantic Arms website:

https://atlantic-firearms-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/media/sylius_shop_product_original/product/ak47-magazine-polymer-bulgarian-5.jpg

AK47 MAGAZINE POLYMER-BULGARIAN
View Quote

That’s it! Thank you
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool pics and info!  I have a bunch of those east german mags that I bought for next to nothing years ago.  They are well made but the finish is a little suspect.  I like the parkerizing on the Hungarian mags personally -  I should have bought more when I had the chance.

Those house over the tear drop mags are questionable - if you get a good one they are fine range mags but they are commercial (as opposed to military) bulgarian mags that can be out of spec.  There are so many better options for an AK mag these days so personally stay away from them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Honestly, other than some looking more worn than others, all those magazines look identical to me.

Like OP, I ended up with a large stash of mags. Most of them have a very dark black finish and are unmarked. Guy I bought them from said they were likely Polish. Most look new. They insert very smoothly and lock up tight. No bolt hold open.

Can someone point out what exactly in those pictures are the differences I should be noticing?

Edit: okay, I see now. I definitely got a bunch of late Polish magazines in either excellent condition unless they repaint these things?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah , basically fit ,finish and coating . Been shooting AKs since I bought my first Steyr import in '83 . For the MOST part the older imports all work well .
The East Germans have the best finish , crisper lines and they grind the welds .

Clock wise , Egyptian , Polish , Bulgarian and East German .
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top