Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/21/2022 5:08:11 PM EDT
I'm in the market for an AK and am thinking about trying PSA again.

I had one a good while back and promptly sold it as I couldn't get most of my magazines to lock in.

Been looking around and QC appears to be better.

I was set to buy a KUSA but noticed prices dropping and a little research showed a lot of QC complaints with their latest batches.

So anyway, PSA has a bewildering array of AK options now, not quite sure what to look at.

We need a chart or excel file or something to display all the AK model differences / options for the non-experts.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 9:04:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RugRat] [#1]
It's up to the buyer to figure out what kind of AK they desire.   What is your personal ideal notion of what an AK should be?

When you close your eyes, do you see a traditional AK, or a more modernized affair?  What barrel length floats your boat -- Krink, traditional, long range?  Perhaps looking at some of Robski's videos on AK set-up will help you discern what you are attracted to in an AK.

If you get a barreled receiver and assemble it with the furniture of your choice, you'll learn a lot about how AK's work and have the satisfaction of getting exactly what YOU want in an AK.

Ball's in your court.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RugRat:
It's up to the buyer to figure out what kind of AK they desire.   What is your personal ideal notion of what an AK should be?

When you close your eyes, do you see a traditional AK, or a more modernized affair?  What barrel length floats your boat -- Krink, traditional, long range?  Perhaps looking at some of Robski's videos on AK set-up will help you discern what you are attracted to in an AK.

If you get a barreled receiver and assemble it with the furniture of your choice, you'll learn a lot about how AK's work and have the satisfaction of getting exactly what YOU want in an AK.

Ball's in your court.
View Quote

Well said.  

And keep in mind that PSA has a lifetime warranty.  So any issues will be taken care of.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#4]
AB

1/2-28 barrel

triangle trunnion
available "cheap" (barreled receiver) so you can add any of your bucket loads of parts onto it an save a couple bucks...

i think i gonna own a few before they stop making that offering...

they supposedly doin a 101 build, whatever that is,  per instagram.

and a 300 blk build.  will be interersting.  so nice to have them as an option since russkis no more

but yes, i think just buy what features you want... dont over think it  neva had the 1/2-28 option off the shelf vefore, i dont think, so im gonna jump soon
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:18:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hodgescl] [#5]
I like the American threads, I wish PSA and other American brands would do that more, especially for fitting cans and such with fewer adapters.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:41:27 PM EDT
[#6]
OP: Which generation PSA did you have?
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By peacematu:
View Quote

Not sure, second maybe.  It was a basic (GF3 / AKM) model when they still had the PSA logos on them.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Pachucko:

Not sure, second maybe.  It was a basic (GF3 / AKM) model when they still had the PSA logos on them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pachucko:
Originally Posted By peacematu:

IIRC, the GF3 is third generation. The second generation is before the G3 series. I wonder if many complaints about the PSA AKs came before the G3 series.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:23:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Preface: I’m not a PSA hater, and I wouldn’t have a registered lower from them if I was. But…

My new 102 isn’t functional out of box, and that’s one of the newest models available. Firing pin is too short (I’m hoping that’s all it is and not a headspace issue). No action yet from the PSA rep I spoke to, it’s been a few days already.

I don’t think their QC has improved, as I’m still seeing a ton of issue posts on various forums.

Here’s a nice example: Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:51:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By French1966:
Preface: I’m not a PSA hater, and I wouldn’t have a registered lower from them if I was. But…

My new 102 isn’t functional out of box, and that’s one of the newest models available. Firing pin is too short (I’m hoping that’s all it is and not a headspace issue). No action yet from the PSA rep I spoke to, it’s been a few days already.

I don’t think their QC has improved, as I’m still seeing a ton of issue posts on various forums.

Here’s a nice example: https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/84FFFB42-D6BD-433F-AF15-7AB2A2673596_jpe-2636774.JPG
View Quote

Maybe they need to work out the kinks in the new 102. I don't know how long it has been out.

@French1966
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I am in the market for a new AK myself and PSA caught my eye because of the Furniture Ready chassis they sell. I'd love to get another Rifle Dynamics build, but their stuff is so expensive...
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#12]
@pallmetostatearmory

Josiah:
Perhaps a dumb question. Does PSA have any plans for any other muzzle devices aside from the PSA AK-104/AK-105 Booster (extended) that American Bastard owners could weld and pin to 12.5" barrel make it 16"?

Or, is there one already available (aside from the booster)?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

We currently do not have anything on the website or plans, but I did send the suggestion up the chain of command.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote

Thanks - I appreciate the information
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top