Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/23/2019 9:38:23 PM EDT
What is Arsenal manufacturing right now?  It seems like they have dropped in the output of their offerings.  Even simply SLR-106 magazine prices are through the roof.  Are the happy folks there working on a government contract?  Are they having trouble getting parts from Bulgaria?  Are they doing this to torture is???  I have two of their three caliber offerings but would like to add a 5.45.  But I'm not paying a bill for the rifle, put $50 per or more for magazines.

So does anyone know what is up with them?
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I really suspect that Arsenal USA doesn’t know what the containers coming from Arsenal Bulgaria have in them. The inconsistency in models being manufactured and the ‘one off’ nature of many models seem like the result.

AJ
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Seems like the business model is to release as little as possible to keep prices and demand high. I think they would do a lot better by dropping prices a little and flooding the market
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember getting those emails "hey look what we found in this crate in the back of the warehouse".  really...? If your record keeping is truly that poor the ATF would be balls deep in your business by now.

I'm pretty sure they get what they get from Bulgaria and then contort the market to get the most out of what they have.

I can't blame them I'd want to make as much as I can per rifle as well.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems like the business model is to release as little as possible to keep prices and demand high. I think they would do a lot better by dropping prices a little and flooding the market
View Quote
Arsenal would keep the most popular variants in stock if they could and they could also leverage economies of scale to drop prices.

It’s usually a mistake to ascribe to conspiracy what is more easily explained by incompetence. In this case the incompetence is Arsenal Bulgaria not keeping Arsenal USA stocked with the components AUSA needs to keep popular guns in stock.

AJ
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#5]
It’s always nice to see Hanlon’s Razor quoted.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:59:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It’s always nice to see Hanlon’s Razor quoted.
View Quote
Hanlon razor is a useful tool in addition to Occam's.

AJ
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 12:30:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Military weapons with a tiny tiny trickle of civy stuff on the side. They won't give a damn about the civy market again until their mil sales nosedive.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 4:41:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Military weapons with a tiny tiny trickle of civy stuff on the side. They won't give a damn about the civy market again until their mil sales nosedive.
View Quote
Sounds like they are Colt's little brother.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 11:03:01 PM EDT
[#9]
They should be able to keep a consistent supply of the three main calibers coming in but apparently that is too difficult.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 4:53:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I really suspect that Arsenal USA doesn’t know what the containers coming from Arsenal Bulgaria have in them. The inconsistency in models being manufactured and the ‘one off’ nature of many models seem like the result.

AJ
View Quote
Or rifles that are discontinued and "sold out" but then they "find" a pallet of them to sell months later during the panic at mark up?
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top