Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/3/2019 5:41:30 PM EDT
Ok I came into this rifle today. I don’t know anything about it. All my searching hasn’t come up with a straight answer. As you can see it says IDE MCLEAN VA as the importer. But this is a slant cut stamped receiver. The serial number is low and it doesn’t start or end with the import date. The muzzle threads have been turned off as far as I can tell. Pictures to follow.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 8/3/2019 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Pot ban Norinco MAK-90. Imported after the 89 import ban of Chinese AK-47d.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Generally considered to be one of the better AK offerings to come into the USA, even though it is a ban era rifle. After the ban expired you could replace the stock and foregrip, and several of the original parts to whatever you might want to use. My MAK90 has been a very reliable shooter. Accuracy is surprisingly good if you feed it decent ammo. IT HAS NEVER JAMMED in over 4000 rounds fired so far. I put an ALG AKTrigger in mine and it is the best mod you can put in an AK pattern rifle IMHO. It'll never be AS accurate as my ARs, but it is capable of accomplishing anything I would ever try to get it to do. If you're leaning that way and want an inexensive side folding option, take a look at the Magpul Zhukov folder. I also use an Ultimak railed gas tube and a Primary Arms MD-06 RDS that works like a charm.

If your interested, IM me and I'll set you some pics. Or look up the items and see them on the web.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:39:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Generally considered to be one of the better AK offerings to come into the USA, even though it is a ban era rifle. After the ban expired you could replace the stock and foregrip, and several of the original parts to whatever you might want to use. My MAK90 has been a very reliable shooter. Accuracy is surprisingly good if you feed it decent ammo. IT HAS NEVER JAMMED in over 4000 rounds fired so far. I put an ALG AKTrigger in mine and it is the best mod you can put in an AK pattern rifle IMHO. It'll never be AS accurate as my ARs, but it is capable of accomplishing anything I would ever try to get it to do. If you're leaning that way and want an inexensive side folding option, take a look at the Magpul Zhukov folder. I also use an Ultimak railed gas tube and a Primary Arms MD-06 RDS that works like a charm.

If your interested, IM me and I'll set you some pics. Or look up the items and see them on the web.
View Quote
I have a MAK with a Zhukov, and I don't really care for it. It feels good to snuggle cheek at home, but isn't really that comfortable to shoot.
Since a Zhukov would need to be shave a bit to fit the thicker receiver of a MAK, I should find somebody to sell this one to.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s what I’ve read is that they’re the better offerings. I have an evil stock and pistol grip to go on it that came with it. The stock is for a straight cut receiver though. I have read about filling them with epoxy. Which I might do. It just confuses me that the importer is I.D.E. McLean. Everything I have read they do the milled receivers. I really want to do an under-folder but it seems way to difficult and costly.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That’s what I’ve read is that they’re the better offerings. I have an evil stock and pistol grip to go on it that came with it. The stock is for a straight cut receiver though. I have read about filling them with epoxy. Which I might do. It just confuses me that the importer is I.D.E. McLean. Everything I have read they do the milled receivers. I really want to do an under-folder but it seems way to difficult and costly.
View Quote
Mine dropped right in on my MAK. Did not need any filing or additional fitting. Yes, there is a very small triangle of the stock where it goes into the receiver but it DOES NOT allow dirt and debris to get past it into the action. I am not OCD about the outward looks of this rifle as I set it up to be a shooter. As I mentioned I use the Ultimak rail and it s a perfect fit for me with the Primary Arms RDS. IM me if you want pics.

I do not like the metal underfolders at all. NOT comfortable to shoot for extended periods.

ETA: Here is a pic of the Zhukov on a Slant cut MAK.

Attachment Attached File

I really like this set up a lot. It works for me. ymmv
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the look of yours. I hadn’t shot an underfolder so I have no idea.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one of those..nice rifle and has a spring-loaded firing pin.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top