Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2018 8:36:41 PM EDT
I waited too long to buy either the SLR or SGL. I've been patiently waiting for them to be rereleased, but I'm not holding my breath. Does anyone have any suggestions for 74 that is of the same quality as either the SLR or SGL? Thanks for the hel
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are stuck on 5.45, I just put a 104ur on layaway at Buds. $200 and 4 months later and I’ll have a Krink.

I have also seen the 104FR on Gunbroker and the EE recently but people want stupid amounts for them. $1500+ on the low end. I think Lee Armory or James River or someone has a decent AK-74 if I remember correct. Other than that the 104UR might be the only 5.45 gun left new. I paid $1260 for mine plus the stamp will be $200.

With that said, The 5.56 SLR106 is instock at a few places as well. I just got one on the EE for a great price and it shoots fantastic. Feels AK-74ish, straighter mags than a 47, almost no recoil and almost the same ballistics as the 74. I’m glad I got another one.

Gratuitous pron:
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought James River Armory ak-74 from gun broker. Crossing my figures it is a decent rifle.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Id wait and look on the used market for a saiga, sgl31, or slr104 if your set on 5.45x39.   The slr106 is a great rifle but 5.56 ak mags are $40 and up and are scarse at the moment...as are 5.45 ak mags...Save your penny's and buy right the first time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Id wait and look on the used market for a saiga, sgl31, or slr104 if your set on 5.45x39.   The slr106 is a great rifle but 5.56 ak mags are $40 and up and are scarse at the moment...as are 5.45 ak mags...Save your penny's and buy right the first time.
View Quote
That’s true on the mags but with 5.45 mags being expensive as well, but the ammo available for the 5.56 really makes up for it IMO. I’m glad I got a 104UR to SBR but I think the 106 is a very viable option in place of an AK-74 these days, as far as a general purpose AK.

ETA: Magpul makes 5.45 mags now as well. I’ll be grabbing 4-5 for for my 104 for range use, I’m not sure how durable they are as far as a “fighting” mag.

ETA2: more pRon

Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I waited too long to buy either the SLR or SGL. I've been patiently waiting for them to be rereleased, but I'm not holding my breath. Does anyone have any suggestions for 74 that is of the same quality as either the SLR or SGL? Thanks for the hel
View Quote
You haven't waited long enough.  The 107FR's just started showing up again, and now all the prices in the EE have tanked again.  Just wait another 6 months and the 104FRs will be back again.  I typically buy 2 or 3 of whatever hasn't been available for a while...
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You haven't waited long enough.  The 107FR's just started showing up again, and now all the prices in the EE have tanked again.  Just wait another 6 months and the 104FRs will be back again.  I typically buy 2 or 3 of whatever hasn't been available for a while...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn’t know this.... so we are getting 107fr again??
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Didn’t know this.... so we are getting 107fr again??
View Quote
You just missed a batch that K-Var sent an email about on Sept 4th.  They said "small batch," which means they got a preliminary batch, and everyone else will get them in a month or so.

We are in a booming economy with no threat of any gun legislation.  Time is your friend.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top