Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/7/2022 9:33:12 PM EDT
It was up for about 4-5 days before someone finally bought it. Good deal or meh?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/920403942
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:40:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It was up for about 4-5 days before someone finally bought it. Good deal or meh?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/920403942
View Quote

One of my grail guns. I've wanted one ever since watching Benecio Del Toro blast the walls of that hotel in "Way of the Gun."

Considering their rarity, $2200 seems like a good price to me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for your loss…??
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I was so close to pulling the trigger on it but the seller had absolutely no feedback anywhere, so for me It was kinda sketchy to send that much money to someone with no feedback. The guy was probably legit and I blew it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was so close to pulling the trigger on it but the seller had absolutely no feedback anywhere, so for me It was kinda sketchy to send that much money to someone with no feedback. The guy was probably legit and blew it.
View Quote

I was the same way about a $7500 Accuracy International listed by a seller with NR as well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was so close to pulling the trigger on it but the seller had absolutely no feedback anywhere, so for me It was kinda sketchy to send that much money to someone with no feedback. The guy was probably legit and I blew it.
View Quote

it still has a lean towards scam
1) no feedback
2) all new IWI parts?? 308?? where in the heck do find these still?
3) New IWI 308 barrel -Pricey!!
4) reworked receiver- Pricey!!

for 2200 bucks

to good to be true..   even if it is true  I get why you didn't go for it.

don't beat yourself up!
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#7]
ORF receiver??? save up and buy an IMI .308....you will be glad you did and a much better investment in the long rung.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm wondering why this one sold for that much? 7.62x39 Galil Clone.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/922805329
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Well it looks like the original auction was legit. So that does kinda sting.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well it looks like the original auction was legit. So that does kinda sting.
View Quote

Yea he received positive feedback by the buyer.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#11]
For a original Galil that would be a great price.

For a home-brew from a seller with ni feedback... I would have made the same decision not to go there.

AJ
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For a original Galil that would be a great price.

For a home-brew from a seller with ni feedback... I would have made the same decision not to go there.

AJ
View Quote

Except it isn't a home-brew (unless you consider anything not done by the original factory home-brew, which some do). The sum of the parts alone are close to the final price before factoring in all the custom receiver work, build, refinishing. Agree though, at the time when he had no feedback I wouldn't have taken the chance personally.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Except it isn't a home-brew (unless you consider anything not done by the original factory home-brew, which some do). The sum of the parts alone are close to the final price before factoring in all the custom receiver work, build, refinishing. Agree though, at the time when he had no feedback I wouldn't have taken the chance personally.
View Quote

The sum of the unused parts would have been worth more than $2k for sure. After they have been assembled and fired some? I have doubts.

I usually think of home-brew more as 'not built in a actual factory with access to TDPs and offering a warranty'. By that criteria Century Arms is home-brew.

AJ
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top