Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 34
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:05:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks. I found the twin to my rifle on GB at $1500 and thought that seemed like a little much. Mags seem all over the map mainly high.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks. I found the twin to my rifle on GB at $1500 and thought that seemed like a little much. Mags seem all over the map mainly high.
View Quote
Your welcome.You are correct they are asking too much for it to actually sell.It may sell but how long will it sit before it does or potential buyers lose interest because the price is too high?

The prices i list are right at prices of rifles that actually sell.

Hopefully most of the requests for price checks realize that selling for a certain amount and asking for a certain amount are two different things.Anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.Otherwise it doesnt sell until the items value is corrected to an adjusted selling price.

This is just a general thing i see from time to time with price checks and not in any way pointed at your rifle or your request as you yourself knew they were probably asking too much.Its just something for potential buyers or sellers to keep in mind with pricing anything.

Hope this helps some of the guys wondering what to ask when selling or buying

Link Posted: 11/7/2019 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#3]
95% converted saiga 308.
Bought it lightly used. Total round count is around 200.
21 inch barrel; threaded with a comp;
Handguard not converted; aluminum rail.
Rear sight is a peep sight upgrade
Rear is fully converted; g2 trigger, ergo grip, AK stock

Link Posted: 11/7/2019 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
95% converted saiga 308.

https://i.ibb.co/ThfhmCv/5-AFEB653-F29-A-4-A4-C-98-C9-CFC8696-F7-BC6.jpg
View Quote
@censor1839

$650-900

Lower end private sales,higher end gunbroker type sales

Hope this helps

Link Posted: 11/8/2019 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@censor1839

$650-900

Hope this helps

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
95% converted saiga 308.

@censor1839

$650-900

Hope this helps

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thank you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
95% converted saiga 308.

@censor1839

$650-900

Hope this helps

Thank you
Your welcome.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Great thread and has made for some interesting reading.

I have a few:

Value of an unfired SGL21-62, plum, with box and all accessories?

How about an unfired SGL31-42, plum, with box and all accessories?

I have a couple of kits too, purchased from RGuns about 6 years ago. Bulgarian AK-74s graded VG to LN,
one with black furniture, the other plum. Neither have the cut receivers or barrels.

Thanks for any info!

Also- am I correct in my understanding that complete 74 rifles are no longer being imported from Bulgaria?
Are they coming in from Romania or anywhere else, or has production stopped and the supply dried up?
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Great thread and has made for some interesting reading.

I have a few:

Value of an unfired SGL21-62, plum, with box and all accessories?

How about an unfired SGL31-42, plum, with box and all accessories?

I have a couple of kits too, purchased from RGuns about 6 years ago. Bulgarian AK-74s graded VG to LN,
one with black furniture, the other plum. Neither have the cut receivers or barrels.

Thanks for any info!

Also- am I correct in my understanding that complete 74 rifles are no longer being imported from Bulgaria?
Are they coming in from Romania or anywhere else, or has production stopped and the supply dried up?
View Quote
@BigsWick

You have some highly sought after AK's

Lets start with the SGL's

SGL21-62 in Plum- Unfired NIB is VERY sought after.

$2700-3000 Gunbroker will net the higher end,lower end private sales like the EE.DO NOT sell for less than $2700 period anywhere

SGL31-42 in Plum- Unfired again VERY sought after.

$2700-3000 Gunbroker will net the higher end,lower end private sales like the EE.DO NOT sell for less than $2700 period anywhere.

Both of these will only increase in value over time.Easily over $3,000 in the next year or so.

The parts kits as described-

Each one is worth $1000-1300.Kits in this condition are very desirable Value on these will only go up as well.

Last i heard the Bulgarian 74's weren't being imported.If this is permanent or not i am not sure.Also not up to date on if other countries are importing any or not.

I havent kept up with the 74 stuff much as i bailed out when the spam cans went over $120 per tin.Only thing i have kept up on is values on the 74 rifles.

Sorry to be of any help on that question,maybe someone else can chime in or start a thread in AK discussions and i am sure some of the guys will know

Hope my estimates on values gives you an idea of current values.

Link Posted: 11/19/2019 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#9]
@FlyLeaf

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

I bought the SGLs intending to shoot them but I have other AKs and so never got around to it.

I field stripped the 21, looked it over, reassembled it, then stuck it in the back of the gun safe. That was probably 8 or 9 years ago.

When Russia invaded the Ukraine I immediately bought two 31s and a few VEPRs because I knew Obama would enact sanctions and cut off the supply.
I've had them out of their boxes twice just to look them over.

I had stacked 7n6, SB and GT pretty deep by the time 7n6 also was cut off, so ammo isn't a problem. Over the years I've picked up Bulgarian, Russian,
East German, and Romanian 74 mags here and there. Those have gotten really pricey too, more than double what I was paying 7-8 years ago.

The kits I bought because I'd seen what the value of other kits had done over the years. I figured I'd either build them one day (I bought
receivers too, still need barrels) or use them as spare parts if something on another rifle broke. Again, haven't needed them so far, so they sit.

Anyway, thanks again for your help!
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@FlyLeaf

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

I bought the SGLs intending to shoot them but I have other AKs and so never got around to it.

I field stripped the 21, looked it over, reassembled it, then stuck it in the back of the gun safe. That was probably 8 or 9 years ago.

When Russia invaded the Ukraine I immediately bought two 31s and a few VEPRs because I knew Obama would enact sanctions and cut off the supply.
I've had them out of their boxes twice just to look them over.

I had stacked 7n6, SB and GT pretty deep by the time 7n6 also was cut off, so ammo isn't a problem. Over the years I've picked up Bulgarian, Russian,
East German, and Romanian 74 mags here and there. Those have gotten really pricey too, more than double what I was paying 7-8 years ago.

The kits I bought because I'd seen what the value of other kits had done over the years. I figured I'd either build them one day (I bought
receivers too, still need barrels) or use them as spare parts if something on another rifle broke. Again, haven't needed them so far, so they sit.

Anyway, thanks again for your help!
View Quote
@BigsWick

Your welcome,glad i could help out

You picked out some great rifles and with them being unfired with the boxes,etc they will be top cash value.

I must have misread the kits as having the original barrels.

If they dont which i think is what you meant then the values on the kits are $500-600 each and not the original quote i gave which would be a complete kit with original barrels.

Sorry if i misunderstood about the kits.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Value on a NIB Milled MAK-90 in 762? CJA imported.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Value on a NIB Milled MAK-90 in 762? CJA imported.
View Quote
@CFII

$1100-1300

Lower end private sales,higher end Gunbroker type sales

Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:55:22 PM EDT
[#13]
What is a lightly used ARSENAL SLR-107FR METAL SIDE FOLDER going for nowadays?

ETA picture:

Link Posted: 11/21/2019 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What is a lightly used ARSENAL SLR-107FR METAL SIDE FOLDER going for nowadays?
View Quote
@kaneljo3000

$1300-1500 Lower end private sales,higher end gunbroker

Really not much difference in one having the metal triangle folder or the polymer folder stock as they can be switched out in seconds

Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:22:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@kaneljo3000

Really not much difference in one having the metal triangle folder or the polymer folder stock as they can be switched out in seconds

View Quote
Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thank you sir!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@kaneljo3000

Thank you sir!
Your welcome,glad to help
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#17]
This thread is awesome. Flyleaf, we appreciate what you are doing. Thank you, Sir.

(1)  Arsenal SLR-107UR. Very early import BD prefix gun with the nice dimples, unfired NIB with all accessories and literature, factory 5 round mag, triangle folder, and a fairly interesting serial number '1111'

(2) Izhmash Saiga IZ-433, unfired NIB with all accessories, factory 5 round mag, and literature, but I swapped the Tapco T6 stock that came on it out for a Russian fixed stock. Never got around to firing it or doing anything else with it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This thread is awesome. Flyleaf, we appreciate what you are doing. Thank you, Sir.

(1)  Arsenal SLR-107UR. Very early import BD prefix gun with the nice dimples, unfired NIB with all accessories and literature, factory 5 round mag, triangle folder, and a fairly interesting serial number '1111'

(2) Izhmash Saiga IZ-433, unfired NIB with all accessories, factory 5 round mag, and literature, but I swapped the Tapco T6 stock that came on it out for a Russian fixed stock. Never got around to firing it or doing anything else with it.
View Quote
@evlblkwpnz

Thank you sir,i enjoy doing it and appreciate the kind words

1- 107UR The early imports with the better quality control will bring more.How much more is dependent on the buyer
These have not went way up in price like many thought they would.Not a lot of data on sales to give a good enough range to say this is what the going price is

NIB condition and it is a rough estimate- $1300-1700 with the higher end on gunbroker,lower end private sales.Keep in mind this can go higher,i just dont have enough of the older 107UR's sales to give a real accurate price range.I am pretty confident that the above quote is close.

2- Saiga 433

I just dont really keep up with the Russian shotgun prices.Did a look on gunbroker on completed sales and couldnt find anything.Sorry i couldnt be of more help with this one.

Link Posted: 11/26/2019 12:11:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Thank you, Sir.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 9:24:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thank you, Sir.
View Quote
Your welcome

Link Posted: 11/28/2019 3:15:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Hello-

First time posting in here. Longtime akfiles member but here I am in the AK discussion section on an AR site

For curious purposes please price out my current rig:

Molot VEPR from FIME group purchased 2017
Definitive Arms muzzlebreak
TDI Arms handguard
RAK-1 Trigger
Polish enhanced safety- from AKOU
Khyber Customs Upper handguard ' Cheese-grater'
Strike Industries AK>M4 adapter
BFT Minimilist stock
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hello-

First time posting in here. Longtime akfiles member but here I am in the AK discussion section on an AR site

For curious purposes please price out my current rig:

Molot VEPR from FIME group purchased 2017
Definitive Arms muzzlebreak
TDI Arms handguard
RAK-1 Trigger
Polish enhanced safety- from AKOU
Khyber Customs Upper handguard ' Cheese-grater'
Strike Industries AK>M4 adapter
BFT Minimilist stock
View Quote
@mason2299

Welcome to the forums,glad to have you aboard.

Need to know caliber and barrel length.Originally thumbhole stock or other?

Also can really only give value on rifle itself,extras i don't keep track of pricing due to so many accessories that are available.

Once i give pricing then just take a little off of original price of the extras you added to get a rough estimate

Link Posted: 11/28/2019 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks.
The FIME group did a full 7.62x39 conversion
Standard 16 inch cold hammer forged barrel.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I should add the stock is an m4 style stock .
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Thanks.
The FIME group did a full 7.62x39 conversion
Standard 16 inch cold hammer forged barrel.
View Quote
@mason2299

NIB ones have been selling $1500-1700 in that type of configuration.Yes some of the other Veprs sell for more or sit unsold as they are too high in price

As long as its in good condition for just the rifle $1200-1400 with the lower end private sales,higher end gunbroker type sales

Now add in the extras at a used price.Keep in mind that you may make more $ selling some of the extras by themselves unless you find someone who wants the entire package

Some of the Vepr stuff has died down,just depends on the model and if its NIB or not.Still a solid rifle that will go up in value

Hope this helps give you a value estimate

Link Posted: 11/28/2019 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Thank for your feedback.
Any of the russian configurations ( saiga , molot ) I believe will go up in value since the importation ban . It's just nature of the game.  I cant and wouldn't part w any of my Ruskies. They're  solid rifles.
Happy thanksgiving !
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Thank for your feedback.
Any of the russian configurations ( saiga , molot ) I believe will go up in value since the importation ban . It's just nature of the game.  I cant and wouldn't part w any of my Ruskies. They're  solid rifles.
Happy thanksgiving !
View Quote
Your welcome and you are correct that they will go up in value

Have a great Thanksgiving as well

Link Posted: 12/5/2019 12:41:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Hi Leaf, new to the forum and hoping you can help me out.
I believe this has aftermarket wood, grip, stock, and muzzle break. Seems to be in superb  condition. I got this from a retired cop and he wanted me to have it and I’ve always wanted one. It’s a ACC int/intrac Maadi . From the research I’ve seen here on the forums it looks modified from original. Also I think it’s a 95 import? Was wondering what you thought it could be worth. Not planning on selling but like to know your thoughts and if it looks to be a hodgepodge, or if it looks to be a legit rifle. Just wanted expert opinion
Thanks
https://ibb.co/gSwJ4tP
https://ibb.co/bRjGG32
https://ibb.co/yf8VVyr
https://ibb.co/BBDYP05
https://ibb.co/Zx9FhvC
https://ibb.co/rmdyhZ1
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I am debating on selling my unfired Vepr 7.62x39. It has an hogue grip and the rifle dynamics AR stock adapter with a minimalist stock.

What would this be worth in today’s market? And is it worth selling?

I am looking at picking up a Bren 2MS in 7.62x39
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hi Leaf, new to the forum and hoping you can help me out.
I believe this has aftermarket wood, grip, stock, and muzzle break. Seems to be in superb  condition. I got this from a retired cop and he wanted me to have it and I’ve always wanted one. It’s a ACC int/intrac Maadi . From the research I’ve seen here on the forums it looks modified from original. Also I think it’s a 95 import? Was wondering what you thought it could be worth. Not planning on selling but like to know your thoughts and if it looks to be a hodgepodge, or if it looks to be a legit rifle. Just wanted expert opinion
Thanks
https://ibb.co/gSwJ4tP
https://ibb.co/bRjGG32
https://ibb.co/yf8VVyr
https://ibb.co/BBDYP05
https://ibb.co/Zx9FhvC
https://ibb.co/rmdyhZ1
View Quote
@ItzXSkrillA

Welcome to the forums,glad to have you here.

It is a legit Maadi and a good one. The ARM Maadi's are very sought after as the Egyptians used Russian tooling and some parts to build their AK's

Yours does have added on handguards,grip,and rear stock,brake that someone added on at some point but does not take away from the value as the rest of the rifle is original.

The 95 inside of the Pharaohs head means its a 1995 import..Rifle is in near mint condition.These came with a wood thumbhole stock and the original wood handguards.You can find a Egyptian fixed stock,grip,and handguards on gunbroker or online if you look around to make it correct,but there is nothing wrong with how it is right now.

Value is going to be about the same as  other ARM model Maadi's becuse its in such good condition even though the stock parts are wrong.

As is $950-1100 prices on these are very stable either in a private sale or gunbroker.

Be aware that there are a lot of variants of maadi AK's.The Steyr model is the rarest and most valuable.The ARMS models are next.The rest of the Maadi's are pretty much thrown together POS.

If ever selling be sure to show that it is an ARM model.

Hope this helps and thanks for sharing

Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am debating on selling my unfired Vepr 7.62x39. It has an hogue grip and the rifle dynamics AR stock adapter with a minimalist stock.

What would this be worth in today’s market? And is it worth selling?

I am looking at picking up a Bren 2MS in 7.62x39
View Quote
@GunCollector12

Need a model number,or info on markings(FIME,Izhmash,etc),barrel length, or a pic as there are a lot of different Vepr's to give an accurate price
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#32]
@FlyLeaf
Thanks for the info, very much appreciated bud.  I thought it was very clean rifle, I’ve been told there are some of these to stay away from so I’m glad this is not one of those! Can’t wait to get to the range on Sunday! Super excited.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
@FlyLeaf
Thanks for the info, very much appreciated bud.  I thought it was very clean rifle, I’ve been told there are some of these to stay away from so I’m glad this is not one of those! Can’t wait to get to the range on Sunday! Super excited.
View Quote
@ItzXSkrillA

Your welcome,glad to be of assistance.

The finish on these is a paint kinda like a engine block or grill paint.Its durable but dont put too harsh a cleaner on it.

CLP or something like that to be safe.Have fun and enjoy.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

@GunCollector12

Need a model number,or info on markings(FIME,Izhmash,etc),barrel length, or a pic as there are a lot of different Vepr's to give an accurate price
View Quote
It’s is a WPA, 16.5” barrel... all I can tell from it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Ok how about another one. This was a ban era Poly Tech that was de-banned. Spike bayonet and Chi Com blond wood added.  Someone removed the SP (sporter) mark on the receiver. Original box with 3 Poly marked flat back chrome plated follower mags. Kengs import. How much is that booger mark gonna hurt?

Link Posted: 12/6/2019 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@GunCollector12

Like this?

Link Posted: 12/6/2019 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ok how about another one. This was a ban era Poly Tech that was de-banned. Spike bayonet and Chi Com blond wood added.  Someone removed the SP (sporter) mark on the receiver. Original box with 3 Poly marked flat back chrome plated follower mags. Kengs import. How much is that booger mark gonna hurt?
https://i.imgur.com/iNUZ35s.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/F3CZyK3.jpg
View Quote
@P08

Is the new bayonet FSB marked China or is it a Tort made FSB? Subtract $100-200 if its a Tort FSB,the original Chinese will have CHINA stamped into the FSB,on the side or bottom near the bayonet lug attachment.

Will still bring good money even though its a SP model de-banned.

As is $1400-1600 because you have the box and all the extras that would come with a spiker.Expect @$1500 but it could bring a bit more to the right buyer.

Gunbroker on the higher end,private sales on lower end.Be sure if you sell it that you state that it was converted from a sporter.

Nice rifle,had one myself years ago that i converted

Link Posted: 12/6/2019 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#38]
The bayonet lug is marked China and the back of the sight base with a number 12.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 1:54:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The bayonet lug is marked China and the back of the sight base with a number 12.
View Quote
Its an original FSB then. They used to be plentiful to find and the originals have dried up from de-banning the SP models

Should be a solid $1500 rifle as pictured
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Correct... but with the upgrades I listed. It also has the bullet guid installed and the upgraded CSS ambi mag release.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Correct... but with the upgrades I listed. It also has the bullet guid installed and the upgraded CSS ambi mag release.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
@GunCollector12

$1100-1300

The extras will only add up to about half of original value,sometimes these wood stocked Vepr's sell better without any add ons

Gunbroker or private sales are about the same on this rifle
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@GunCollector12

$1100-1300

The extras will only add up to about half of original value,sometimes these wood stocked Vepr's sell better without any add ons

View Quote
Thanks! Ya I have the original thumb hole stock and the original box, paperwork, mags, and everything else.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:36:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thanks! Ya I have the original thumb hole stock and the original box, paperwork, mags, and everything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@GunCollector12

$1100-1300

Your welcome

Might be able to bump up the price with those to $1200-1400
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Arsenal Classic, unfired in box with all accs. Serial # 2?
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Hello,

MAK 90. As pictured. Not sure of importer. Listed elsewhere and wondering if fair price.

Link Posted: 12/8/2019 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Arsenal Classic, unfired in box with all accs. Serial # 2?
View Quote
@Not_so_Clever

Interesting.

Fixed stock or underfolder?

Either way a NIB on will be $1600-2000 with no special serial #

Now that it has serial #2 it will be hard to estimate how much more that is worth to someone.

Based on other AK's with low serial numbers i would say a premium of $300-500 easily on top of the above price,maybe more to the right collector

If it was a Polytech legend for example it would be $4000-6000 all day long and possibly more.

In due time it will only increase in value like the Legends

Link Posted: 12/8/2019 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Double tap
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Fixed. Yes, I figure 2K would move.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hello,

MAK 90. As pictured. Not sure of importer. Listed elsewhere and wondering if fair price.

https://i.imgur.com/R9LGcbp.jpg
View Quote
@The_Watcher

As is $800-1100

Low end would be a steal high end gunbroker.Most sell in that range,try to get it under $1000

Link Posted: 12/8/2019 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fixed. Yes, I figure 2K would move.
View Quote
Yes $2K on gunbroker with excellent pics showing everything and the low serial number would and should sell easily

These classics are funny sometimes on what they bring.

I think a lot of buyers do not know how rare they are and how nice they are built.

Have seen them go for @$1300-1500 used and some for $1800 NIB and a few for $1800-2000

I wouldnt let it go for under $1800.Best of luck
Page / 34
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top