Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/11/2022 9:28:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp]
I don't know much about AK's. But I got one a couple years ago just to check a box. I like it a lot. Shoots great for what it is. Just don't know anything about it beyond the description from buying it.

Is this an AKM type? Does it have a bad, good or Meh rep?  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

https://atlanticfirearms.com/childers-pol-wbp-rifle
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 10:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Nice rifle
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 11:39:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigPolska:

Nice rifle
View Quote

lol. I guess that answers it.  Don't feel bad. If it's a piece of shit. Just tell me. I still like it. Just want to know before I drag it down the driveway.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:10:57 AM EDT
[#3]
WBP is good to go. They're built well and the parts seem to hold up as well as military examples (so far at least).
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:

lol. I guess that answers it.  Don't feel bad. If it's a piece of shit. Just tell me. I still like it. Just want to know before I drag it down the driveway.
View Quote

Sorry, the emoji was the Polish guy talking about the Polish rifle (no bias )

It is a nice rifle
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:19:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe some of the earlier ones has issues with the carrier tail deforming because the US made FCGs being harder steel than the Polish ones it was designed to be used with. I haven't heard of any issues with recent ones and own 2 myself.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#6]
To answer your question, it is a AKM type.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 3:10:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saddlerocker] [#7]
I also bought this same rifle a few years ago.
Carrier tail is deforming.

What are they doing nowadays that fixed that issue?

I bought an extra hammer at the time to polish/ round off the "point" on it, but its still in the parts box.

Does the newer G2 hammer have a different shape or something?
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 1:51:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Saddlerocker:

I bought an extra hammer at the time to polish/ round off the "point" on it, but its still in the parts box.

View Quote

They have the factory FCG now not the US made tapco stuff. Shouldn't be hard to find a Polish FCG to swap into yours.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I have not noticed any issues on mine. But only have maybe 500-800 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Shiff:

They have the factory FCG now not the US made tapco stuff. Shouldn't be hard to find a Polish FCG to swap into yours.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shiff:

Interesting. Thanks.
Its a WBP fcg?
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:27:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Interesting. Thanks.
Its a WBP fcg?
View Quote

Fire control group. They were pulling out the Polish trigger, hammer, springs etc and putting in a set by Tapco. The Tapco hammer was harder than the Polish one which resulted in more wear/damage to the carrier tail.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Atlantic has the WBP FCGs in stock so i grabbed one.
Got lucky as I should have been on the "In stock " notification list, but just happened to check their site after seeing the WBP Fox email today.
Glad I got one. The carrier tail issue really is a non-issue, but annoying. Glad to have a Polish one.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 10:43:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Atlantic has the WBP FCGs in stock so i grabbed one.
Got lucky as I should have been on the "In stock " notification list, but just happened to check their site after seeing the WBP Fox email today.
Glad I got one. The carrier tail issue really is a non-issue, but annoying. Glad to have a Polish one.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Trigger pull is atrocious with the WBP FCG. Never experienced so much mushy take-up before break.
Im going to try just the WBP hammer and hope the G2 trigger hook makes it slightly better.

Im wondering if WBP knows Atlantic takes these triggers out of the Fox rifles and puts no care/effort into making them useable
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top