Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2020 6:54:09 PM EDT
Which would you buy and why?

I like that the AK-E comes with a M4 stock.  Ill be putting a RS regulate rail and probably a RS regulate optics rail with an aimpoint.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
If those are the accessories you are going to put on it I would do the AK-E. Modern gun for modern accessories.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I will buy a PSA... but I got the FOX first. Why? Because its an actual Polish AK. Like most real Euro AK's, the day will come when the supply is cut off.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Modern gun for modern accessories.
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:04:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Both are commercially made products. It's a toss-up, really.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw this review on the PSA AKE from Robski...

He doesn’t really hate it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going with the AK-E with the magpul set-up because I plan on getting the AK74 in the more traditional configuration, hell, I'll get the PSA 103 and maybe even the Fox too.

I do like the modern look of the AK-E, the one piece gas block/front sight and possibly chopping the barrel down to 12.5" with out major work (I'm assuming).
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I will buy a PSA... but I got the FOX first. Why? Because its an actual Polish AK. Like most real Euro AK's, the day will come when the supply is cut off.
View Quote
Hmm, I didn't think of that, maybe I'll go with the Fox first.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I do like the modern look of the AK-E, the one piece gas block/front sight and possibly chopping the barrel down to 12.5" with out major work (I'm assuming).
View Quote
I've thought about chopping the barrel and pin and weld a brake.

How would the chrome lined barrel handle getting chopped?  I've heard it will crack the chrome lining in AR barrels.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#9]
in!
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've thought about chopping the barrel and pin and weld a brake.

How would the chrome lined barrel handle getting chopped?  I've heard it will crack the chrome lining in AR barrels.
View Quote
Not sure on that but I'm actually chatting with someone now about doing that very thing and he says to do it properly, the barrel would have to be pressed out of the trunion.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 4:40:59 AM EDT
[#11]
The ake has an FN barrel I wonder if it's a taper bore? Could that hurt accuracy if you cut it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not sure on that but I'm actually chatting with someone now about doing that very thing and he says to do it properly, the barrel would have to be pressed out of the trunion.
View Quote
What's his reasoning?  Morgan @ class3machining (vendor here on the site) does AKs every day of the week without removing the barrel from the receiver.  Basic chop, thread, and crown started at like $120 including return shipping.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What's his reasoning?  Morgan @ class3machining (vendor here on the site) does AKs every day of the week without removing the barrel from the receiver.  Basic chop, thread, and crown started at like $120 including return shipping.
View Quote
He's a friend of mine and not an AK guy so maybe that's why, his thing is high end bolt guns so I'm assuming he's used to threading barrels on a lath. I don't know.

That definitely makes me happy though, I like the idea of possibly getting the PSA AK-E and chopping it down or converting another AK.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought the AKE, but now I'm really salivating over the new FOX. I love the idea of the top rail (even though its weaver). But I'm definitely really liking the AKE as well. I like that the AKE has modern features and some "mods" if you will, that you may want to do a shooter AK but not a collectable. Thats why I bought it. I have a lot of collectible AKs and I don't want to modify them, but the AKE already has a lot of it done! The FOX is more traditional AKM and is just a modern classic to start with. All depends on what you want to do!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get the FOX is great, I got the Plum color and get the battle pack for the 69 bucks, the beryl rail is great to scope the thing.
You can always get the PSA later.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I ended up snagging a MOE AK-E the other night.  Now I'm waiting on RS regulate to get some more handguards in stock.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Below are a few pics of some of the recent FOX rifles that arrived at our warehouse.
View Quote
Patiently waiting for the black poly stocked Fox to come back in stock.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Got the AKE out today.  It was a hoot.  We passed it around everybody at the range and ran a few hundred rounds through it.  Magpul, surplus steel, and bakelite mags and tulammo, wolf, and PPU ammo.  Zero issues.

Link Posted: 3/1/2020 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Giantpune,
How accurate is it?  Is that a Zenitco folder?  
That’s a very nice tactical version of the breed!
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Giantpune,
How accurate is it?  Is that a Zenitco folder?  
That’s a very nice tactical version of the breed!
View Quote
Yes in the zenitco folder.

For accuracy, all I can say is its more accurate than I am.  If you look in the photo, I have the scope a tad too far forwards on the RS regulate, and is interferes with the adjustment.  Didn't realize I did that till I got out to the range today and it wouldn't let me crank it up past 2x.  I was using the mag as a monopod while shooting, so it was rocking back and forth.  It was putting out 2-4MOA groups like that without any trouble.  I'l try to move the scope back and steal a bipod off a different gun and get back out there maybe next weekend and try a bit harder.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd be very interested to hear your results with the rifle properly benched. This is an intriguing rifle for me
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Are the Polish guns still brought in by I.O.?
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Are the Polish guns still brought in by I.O.?
View Quote
Arms of America I think.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The Polish WBP series of firearms is imported by Arms of America and distributed by Atlantic Firearms
View Quote
So PSA, Atlantic, and AoA all seem to work together.  Fuck yes
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top