Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2021 5:08:15 PM EDT
What is the preferred method to make the holes and rivets the same size?
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I just use a drill bit.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:
I just use a drill bit.
View Quote

What size did you use?

Thx!

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#3]
If you have calipers measure the rivet thickness and get drill bit slightly larger. I’m thinking it’s 4mm but it’s been a while
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#4]
4mm and 4.5mm depending on the rivet. Generally the long rivets are 4.5mm.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 2:36:05 AM EDT
[#5]
just using a regular drill bit in the press and centering in the hole?    this seems crude af
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Click2Boom:
just using a regular drill bit in the press and centering in the hole?    this seems crude af
View Quote

Then you're in for a shock on building the whole gun . I mean you're free to set it up in a mill, indicate the holes with a Haimer and precision bore them with a Wohlhaupter, but it's not going to make the build any more precise or easier to build.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]
What do you mean by small holes? Are the trunnion holes too small for your rivets?
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:
What do you mean by small holes? Are the trunnion holes too small for your rivets?
View Quote

WBP trunnions come with undersized rivet holes for some reason.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Click2Boom:
View Quote

Screw machine bits are better than say a handyman general purpose bit, but yeah pretty much level out and punch your holes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#10]
sooooo not a reamer?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Reamers make rounder holes than drill bits. If you want perfection drill undersize and ream. Keep in mind at the end of the day that hole is only used to host a smashed rivet.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top