Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/11/2022 10:59:47 PM EDT
Hello, I’m hoping someone can help me out. I have a stamped receiver Valmet M78 in 308 and I’m looking for a firing pin. I recently bought another bolt but the left lug is longer than the left lug on the bolt I have, and the firing pin appears to be different because the firing pin from the longer lugged bolt will not fit. I suspect that the bolt I bought is from a milled receiver. If you have one, please post or send pictures of a bolt from a stamped receiver 308 M78. And if you happen to know where I can get a firing pin, I’d really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey -  I just pulled my stamped M78 out of the back of the safe.  Are there any markings on the lugs on the original bolt you have?  What about the replacement?  My is marked "TR" on the side lug.  When you say the left lug is "too long" can you be more specific?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Here are a couple pics of the original bolt. The replacement bolt that does not work has a lug that is too long so that the extra lug length prevents the bolt from rotating as it closes on the chamber. Do the lugs on your bolt look the same length as this one?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks the same and even has the same "TR" mark as mine.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#4]
How do you even know what you bought was a Valmet bolt?  They have not been imported since the late 80s and the last legit source of parts I knew about (which bought out the last importer when they folded) was basically out of most parts by the mid to late 90s.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#5]
It turns out that the bolt I bought was for a FA milled receiver M78.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top