Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/10/2023 10:39:42 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with these Military Equipment railed dust covers from the Ukraine? I don’t see any reviews but it looks like a more solid version of a TWS dog leg, retains rear sight leaf in the rear sight block. I would assume even if rail failed that the rear sight would be usable unlike TWS. Found some pictures of it in use by both Ukrainian and Russian forces

https://www.legionusa.com/top-cover-with-picatinny-rail-for-ak-akm-ak-74-ak10x.html
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:26:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That’s the same link I had in my post?
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 1:13:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's the same link I had in my post?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

He made it live, whereas you posted a cold link. He was helping out lazy people who just want a link to click on.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He made it live, whereas you posted a cold link. He was helping out lazy people who just want a link to click on.
View Quote

Ahhhh I understand, they both look the same from my end, thank you
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ahhhh I understand, they both look the same from my end, thank you
View Quote

That's interesting, I didn't realize non team couldn't see hot links?  

I'm interested in feedback too, which is why I just made it hot for you like USMCSGT0331 mentioned.

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm interested in feedback too, which is why I just made it hot for you like USMCSGT0331 mentioned.

View Quote

I think I’m going the buy one and drop test it, I’ll post results
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:02:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered one from legion, should be here in the next few days
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 1:06:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I ordered one from legion, should be here in the next few days
View Quote

Sweet!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should be fine as long as it isnt dropped while it is open.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got one, and finally got around to installing it tonight.  It was a PITA to install, and I still need to do some fitting on the recoil spring guide/top cover release button.  Honestly, unless you absolutely have to have the factory rear sight, the TWS is better, in just about every way.

The rear sight leaf now mounts on the hinge, and the hinge doesn't give me the feeling it's very strong, but we'll see.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've got one, and finally got around to installing it tonight.  It was a PITA to install, and I still need to do some fitting on the recoil spring guide/top cover release button.  Honestly, unless you absolutely have to have the factory rear sight, the TWS is better, in just about every way.

The rear sight leaf now mounts on the hinge, and the hinge doesn't give me the feeling it's very strong, but we'll see.
View Quote

I installed mine the other day also, I don’t think install was bad. Used a vise to hold hinge in place while installed pin. I like the fact that the rear sight leaf spring is retained and keeps pressure on the hinge, mine has absolutely zero play when closed. The hinge is a little thinner than I expected but we’ll see. I don’t own anything from TWS but my understanding is that they all have some pretty decent play in the hinge which I find unacceptable. It’s not a B33 which I would greatly prefer but it’s better than TWS from my limited experience so far.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I installed mine the other day also, I don't think install was bad. Used a vise to hold hinge in place while installed pin. I like the fact that the rear sight leaf spring is retained and keeps pressure on the hinge, mine has absolutely zero play when closed. The hinge is a little thinner than I expected but we'll see. I don't own anything from TWS but my understanding is that they all have some pretty decent play in the hinge which I find unacceptable. It's not a B33 which I would greatly prefer but it's better than TWS from my limited experience so far.
View Quote
My TWS has zero play in the hinge, There's a split cut into the hinge point that you can spread open a bit with a wedge and a couple taps with a hammer so the cover was a tight interference fit on the mount when you slide it on.

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Took this out and shot it a bit. I zeroed it and then opened and closed the dust cover a bunch and shot another group. Zero did not shift at all. Didn’t get to test it as much as wanted to because I was running out of time. Limited experience is showing it’ll hold zero. I’ll keep messing with it as I have time to take it to the range
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting. We have a few options here. The ME, Fab Defense, and sone knock offs of those designs. ME has the lowest reviews and Fab Defense is almost $300.

I really was interested in the TWS, but I haven't seen one here. I'll probably buy something in the next month. Obviously everything here is through the roof expensive right now.

Subscribed for further reviews and ideas.

Link Posted: 7/12/2023 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Interesting. We have a few options here. The ME, Fab Defense, and sone knock offs of those designs. ME has the lowest reviews and Fab Defense is almost $300.

I really was interested in the TWS, but I haven't seen one here. I'll probably buy something in the next month. Obviously everything here is through the roof expensive right now.

View Quote

I’m really happy with my ME dustcover, holding zero well
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. That's what matters. I'm going to run my red dot on the rail I bought, over the gas tube, for now. I do like the idea of a railed dust cover for maybe a LPVO later on.

KPYK makes some nice stuff, but unfortunately no dust cover from what I saw.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a krink model from Ukraine and it has worked great so far, I will post pics later to show model.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top