Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/11/2019 9:37:08 AM EDT
I got a case wolf Ukrainian 7.62x39 in a trade at the gunshow. I remember hearing about casings being primed with corrosive primers years ago. Lot number is 84s. Just seeing if you guys know what lot numbers were effected.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Your best bet is to google that. There was some good info on those lot numbers, but it's been long enough ago that I have not kept up on the issue. Not a lot came in and I have not seen any in the wild in a long time.

At the end of the day though, corrosive ammunition is not the devil. Just clean accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Sweet! Corrosive primers have excellent shelf life. Save it for a rainy day your great grandkids will thank you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At the end of the day though, corrosive ammunition is not the devil. Just clean accordingly.
View Quote
I'm not worried about the corrosive primers. I'm planning on selling this stuff try to get my money and don't want to sell to somebody at the gun show not knowing that it might be corrosive.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 7:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I called Wolf yesterday and they said lot number 59s    was the only batch that was loaded with corrosive primers. Im glad to hear that!
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top