Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Page AK-47 » Chinese
Posted: 9/5/2018 6:57:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2018 7:14:39 PM EST by steve88GT]
What kind of spiker Type 56 is it when it doesn't have any markings other than a serial number? There is a stamp on the barrel between the front sight and gas tube. But it is very hard to read even with a magnifying glass. It might say, CLEO?

Who made these and why?

What kind of value does something like this have?

Thanks,

Steve

ETA: jnk556 has a post on page 2. The wholly Grail of AK's.

That is it but not sure if is the same stamp on the barrel.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 6:16:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By steve88GT:
What kind of spiker Type 56 is it when it doesn't have any markings other than a serial number? There is a stamp on the barrel between the front sight and gas tube. But it is very hard to read even with a magnifying glass. It might say, CLEO?

Who made these and why?

What kind of value does something like this have?

Thanks,

Steve

ETA: jnk556 has a post on page 2. The wholly Grail of AK's.

That is it but not sure if is the same stamp on the barrel.
View Quote
This page on early Chinese AK imports may help you narrow it down...
http://www.chicom47.com/Importers/ImportCompanies.htm
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:29:58 AM EST
Has the receiver been replaced ?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:54:26 PM EST
Many early Chinese guns were lacking markings because they were not required to be imported. Later they were required to be marked for importation
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:35:54 AM EST
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 7:48:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/7/2019 7:52:34 PM EST by steve88GT]
Attachment Attached File
Originally Posted By jnk556:
Are you referring to my GLNIC??

These were very early imports, around 1986 or so.  And no there are no markings on receiver.
View Quote
@jnk556

Sorry it took so long for my reply. I took pics of my rifle.

I bought mine brand new in 1986. I doubt I put 50 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 7:51:23 PM EST
Some more.

I have the three spare mags in the house somewhere. Just have to find them.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:03:04 AM EST
Dang that's an awesome, and pretty 56

Awesome you bought it new, and had it all this time.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 9:25:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/8/2019 9:27:05 AM EST by steve88GT]
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:
Dang that's an awesome, and pretty 56

Awesome you bought it new, and had it all this time.
View Quote
I was 16 when I bought. It was between this one and an under folder. Either of them was $300 plus tax which was 4% back then.

I took it to the outdoor range one time since I have had it. I still have a few hundred rounds of Norinco and other Chinese ammo for it. All in the original boxes.

The serial number is 05XX. If that means anything.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 11:04:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/8/2019 11:05:42 PM EST by GreasyEasy]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By steve88GT:

I was 16 when I bought. It was between this one and an under folder. Either of them was $300 plus tax which was 4% back then.

I took it to the outdoor range one time since I have had it. I still have a few hundred rounds of Norinco and other Chinese ammo for it. All in the original boxes.

The serial number is 05XX. If that means anything.
View Quote
I just got bit by the chicom AK bug a year or so ago, so I can't offer any info in regards to your questions.   I bought a Norinco 56S-1 blue bolt Siles a year ago as my first AK, and since then I've been lusting after all these pre ban Chinese AK models.

Yours with that spiker and darker wood is just beautiful.  Again the fact that you got all the history, paperwork, and box only makes it that much more desirable.  The 16 year old you was a smart young man for sure on that acquisition

I really want a spiker or a 56s-2, but these things are going for ridiculous amounts of money these days.   Congrats on yours!
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 11:10:03 PM EST
I think is against CoC to give monetary evaluations outside of this particular thread....

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AK-47/Want-to-know-the-value-of-your-AK-/64-155293/?page=29&anc=bottom#bottom

Flyleaf is the man when it comes to giving that kind of info so just post up the pics there.  You'll be very happy I'm sure with what he reports back to you with
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 3:57:43 PM EST
I posted this 56S in the How Much Is My AK worth forum.

I'm really curious to see that they are going for now.

Thanks,

Steve

Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:
I think is against CoC to give monetary evaluations outside of this particular thread....

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AK-47/Want-to-know-the-value-of-your-AK-/64-155293/?page=29&anc=bottom#bottom

Flyleaf is the man when it comes to giving that kind of info so just post up the pics there.  You'll be very happy I'm sure with what he reports back to you with
View Quote

Page AK-47 » Chinese
Top Top