Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2018 8:57:34 PM EDT

" />

Dont ask. And no it was not a crazy ex wife or anything. But someone smashed open a metal gun locker with a sledge hammer and then intentional went to town on my Yugo SKS. Yes they hammered on the rifle with the same mini sledge the used to smash apart a cheap "gun safe" type locker. Smashed the stock to pieces, hammed on the receiver, ripped the magazine off the rifle. You can see a few blows the receiver took. Also the stock is cracked all the way through on the other side to the but plate. It took a LOT of abuse. I had to straighten the "ears on the magazine with pliers but was able to wedge it back in there. Just for the hell of it dropped two rounds in as you see it and it still functioned feeding the both rounds just as it should!

I just ordered another Yugo stock but need to find a new magazine. Are any of the aftermarket 10 or 20 rounders 100% GTG?
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=49f5bb8f21&view=att&th=161e42d78445a95e&attid=0.1&disp=safe&realattid=21b950ddefb2ae5d_0.1&zw

Dont ask. And no it was not a crazy ex wife or anything. But someone smashed open a metal gun locker with a sledge hammer and then intentional went to town on my Yugo SKS. Yes the hammered on the rifle with the same mini sledge the used to smash apart a cheap "gun safe" type locker. Mashed the stock to pieces, hammed on the receiver, ripped the magazine off the rifle. You can see a few blows the reciver took. Also the stock is cracked all the way through on the other side to the but plate. It took a LOT of abuse. I had to straighten the "ears on the magazine with pliers but was able to wedge it back in there. Just for the hell of it dropped two rounds in as you see it and it still functioned feeding the both rounds just as it should!

I just ordered another Yugo stock but need to find a new magazine. Are any of the aftermarket 10 or 20 rounders 100% GTG?
View Quote
your picture isnt formatted correctly.

I'd like to see it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd like to see it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=49f5bb8f21&view=att&th=161e42d78445a95e&attid=0.1&disp=safe&realattid=21b950ddefb2ae5d_0.1&zw

Dont ask. And no it was not a crazy ex wife or anything. But someone smashed open a metal gun locker with a sledge hammer and then intentional went to town on my Yugo SKS. Yes the hammered on the rifle with the same mini sledge the used to smash apart a cheap "gun safe" type locker. Mashed the stock to pieces, hammed on the receiver, ripped the magazine off the rifle. You can see a few blows the reciver took. Also the stock is cracked all the way through on the other side to the but plate. It took a LOT of abuse. I had to straighten the "ears on the magazine with pliers but was able to wedge it back in there. Just for the hell of it dropped two rounds in as you see it and it still functioned feeding the both rounds just as it should!

I'd like to see it.
Yes I would too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I can see shit
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag for pics
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#5]
which option from Imgur should i paste?
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#6]
The one that says Board/Forum

So.... what the fuck did you beat a sks with a sledge hammer for exactly?
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Why don't you tell us the story of what happened
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why don't you tell us the story of what happened
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#9]
IIRC, you're better off with the 10 rd magazine designed for the SKS.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/PpwFhMh.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/PpwFhMh.jpg

View Quote
That sure looks like a Chinese SKS to me, not a Yugo.  I gotta hear the back story on this one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, in for back story wtf happened?
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
. Are any of the aftermarket 10 or 20 rounders 100% GTG?
View Quote
this guy has original mags
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That sure looks like a Chinese SKS to me, not a Yugo.  I gotta hear the back story on this one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/PpwFhMh.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/PpwFhMh.jpg

Nope its a Yugo. I had just done a lot of work to make it smaller, lighter and handier to fit my needs as a smaller lighter rifle. I had removed all the bayonet, grenade launcher and sight. Shortened and recrowned the barrel in a lathe. Reshaped and refinished the stock to give it a much slimmer shape and feel. It was a lot of work but a fun project. It was when the Yugo SKS were a dime dozen. I got one unfired with all matching everything  and then this one was missing the accessories and much cheaper. Bought it as a project.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nope its a Yugo. I had just done a lot of work to make it smaller, lighter and handier to fit my needs as a smaller lighter rifle. I had removed all the bayonet, grenade launcher and sight. Shortened and recrowned the barrel in a lathe. Reshaped and refinished the stock to give it a much slimmer shape and feel. It was a lot of work but a fun project. It was when the Yugo SKS were a dime dozen. I got one unfired with all matching everything  and then this one was missing the accessories and much cheaper. Bought it as a project.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhh.  I see the gas block now. We all still wanna hear the back story.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Can you just  fix the original magazine and  use some cold blue on it?  A little metal work and a little sanding???
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Bro code, man. You can't drop a pic like that and 1/4 of the story and leave us hanging.
Let's hear it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Bro code, man. You can't drop a pic like that and 1/4 of the story and leave us hanging.
Let's hear it.
View Quote
he said dont ask.

no means no.

If it were me I would at least make something up for you guys.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Dang, that sucks. It looks like it was in pretty nice shape before.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
he said dont ask.

no means no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's hear it.
he said dont ask.

no means no.

He said no but his eyes said yes.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#20]
The OP is probably DJT Jr and his dad flipped out in a NY-Dem-rage and smashed up his guns.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#21]
OP, Apex is selling Yugo SKS mags but for some reason they've have the BHO tab removed. They're a tad pricey at 45 bucks but that seems to be the going rate. Seems like you could replace that part from your old and busted mag.

Apex Yugo SKS mags
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Duct Tape- it will be fine.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top