Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/22/2019 12:08:44 PM EDT
I searched and found a 2018 thread on these. But no real first hand review. It looks like they are in stock again. Anyone have any? More curious than anything.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I wasn't aware they were even producing them anymore; by all accounts they are very good.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I posted in the mag deals thread that I just got the notification that they are back in stock at Toth Tool (that may have generated the OP):

7.62x39 30rd AK Magazine - Steel Reinforced Polymer

I was honestly really surprised to get the notification. I checked my records, and I last ordered from them in July 2015, so it's been a long time since they were in stock. I had started to assume that they had given up on making them. Mine work great, and they look and feel almost identical to my one Circle 10 mag, but I can't say that I've put them through any serious use.

The only prominent YT reviews I've seen are MrGandG and Rob Ski:

AK47 Toth Tool & Engineering Mag - 50% UP (or DOWN)

Rob is definitely pretty hard on his stuff, and he ended up with a stuck follower in one of the two mags he tested, which he attributed to dirt getting stuck inside after he covered them with loose soil. I think they're a great product, based on my limited experience, if you don't want to pay almost double the price for a Circle 10, but since they've been really hard to come by, there doesn't seem to be a lot of feedback on them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I posted in the mag deals thread that I just got the notification that they are back in stock at Toth Tool (that may have generated the OP):

7.62x39 30rd AK Magazine - Steel Reinforced Polymer

I was honestly really surprised to get the notification. I checked my records, and I last ordered from them in July 2015, so it's been a long time since they were in stock. I had started to assume that they had given up on making them. Mine work great, and they look and feel almost identical to my one Circle 10 mag, but I can't say that I've put them through any serious use.

The only prominent YT reviews I've seen are MrGandG and Rob Ski:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYwHCysSqig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0mhrc218Eg

Rob is definitely pretty hard on his stuff, and he ended up with a stuck follower on one of the two mags he tested, but he wasn't quite sure what caused it. I think they're a great product if you don't want to pay almost double the price for a Circle 10, but since they've been really hard to come by, there doesn't seem to be a lot of feedback on them.
View Quote
I got the same back I stock email. I think I had set up a notification so long ago I forgot about Toth. Might be with a try to get one.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I actually got four notifications to two different email accounts, which probably equates to me checking on them once a year, and forgetting that I had previously requested notification.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Got the three I ordered the other day. Really nice fit and finish. Smooth and they feel great. Fit in my Chinese 56S, SAM7, VEPR FM11, and AES-10B.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Just ordered some more of these. Great mags.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I noticed after ordering a few that the product description for these magazines says, "Now Shipping With Improved 2nd Generation Followers." I pulled out one each of the original and new followers for a comparison. The Gen 2 (on the right in the photos) has a longer bullet bump on the top, and it looks like the notches on either side of the narrow front part of the follower are slightly larger, but that could just be a variation in the way the new mold was made. I'm not sure if this specifically addresses the issue that Rob Ski had in his video review with one of the followers getting stuck, but it's good to see them updating their design.

When these mags were first released for $24.99, about 6 or 7 years ago, I think, the price seemed like it was on the higher end, but now at $25.99, they're about average compared to surplus mags (if you can find them) and M3 PMAGs. I think they're a great mag for the price, especially with Circle 10s getting more expensive and harder to find in stock.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top