Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/12/2021 8:42:02 PM EDT
I just broke my 2nd front sight adjustment tool (that comes with the little accessory tool kit) while trying to adjust the front sight on my Arsenal SAM7. (You'd think that for $1800 they could have bore-sighted it at least!!!)

The front sight will NOT budge and keeps breaking my tools. Does anyone know of some trick to unsticking the front sight post? Is there some conventional tool or gadget that can be used since the little screw-driver head looking tool that comes with typical AK's just keep snapping or bending?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I've broke a couple of the Tapco sight tools. The Magnamatic is a tank compared to every other sight tool on the market.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Fpni, in ~2003 I bought a cheap POS from ctd and it broke
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, I went and ordered. Also an AR carbon scraper tool too
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:33:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I gave up on AK sight adjustment tools, everyone I tried & I tried many over the decades bent & broke.
The small puller that came in a set of cheap Harbor Freight 3 jaw pullers I purchased works great though!
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#6]
A tiny socket and ratchet, maybe?
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:04:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I go to the range with two.  The magna matic I use for windage and, believe it or not, I have good luck with the Tapco tool for elevation.

I agree, bore sighting and new arsenal rifles seems to be a bit of a miss.

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:32:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I made my own from a pipe hanger to adjust drift and some bolts for the elevation. Works great.

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#9]
As CarlosC said. Pipe hangers work very well. I had a couple of the imported tools break but these hangers haven't failed. The bolts that come with the hanger should be filed down where it contacts the sight stud or it will leave a mark. The threaded hole opposite the bolt needs to be drilled out large enough for the sight stud to slide into also.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I go to the range with two.  The magna matic I use for windage and, believe it or not, I have good luck with the Tapco tool for elevation.

I agree, bore sighting and new arsenal rifles seems to be a bit of a miss.

View Quote

Well, it's on paper at 50 yards to maybe they did bore-sight it rough and dirty. I have NEVER gotten an AR or upper that was hitting a sheet of notebook paper at 50 yards so I shouldnt bitch too much. If only I was able to adjust the sight down....I just hope it doesnt break that Magna-Matic adjuster that I had to order!
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well, it's on paper at 50 yards to maybe they did bore-sight it rough and dirty. I have NEVER gotten an AR or upper that was hitting a sheet of notebook paper at 50 yards so I shouldnt bitch too much. If only I was able to adjust the sight down....I just hope it doesnt break that Magna-Matic adjuster that I had to order!
View Quote

If it does (which I doubt), at least it has a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#12]
A C clamp and some small sockets will work in a pinch.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#13]

This.

Pre-plague I would help out a a rifle safety class that required demonstrating the ability to hit targets at 50 yards. I've used that Magnamatic tool to break loose stubborn AK and SKS front sights that broke the cleaning kit tools with no wear or damage to the Magnamatic tool. If you want to buy one good tool that'll last your lifetime the Magnetic is the one.

AJ
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:50:49 AM EDT
[#14]

This is the answer.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#15]
If a magna-matic can't move the sight barrel its welded in there by mistake .
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe soak down the front sight with penetrating oil the day before you try to re sight it too.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#17]
That Magna-Matic worked beautifully. That front post tried to resist but to no avail. It popped when it finally broke lose. Same with the windage, gave a nice rewarding pop when it broke lose. Thanks again guys. Anything less than this tool and that front sight wouldn't have budged.

Oh and I did spray some WD40 on it a few days ago as suggested by the poster above which may have helped also...
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:00:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Another win for the magna-matic!!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top