Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/3/2018 7:21:24 PM EDT
Gents,

I am lucky enough to have purchased a Tiger about 3 years ago before prices really just exploded.  I have installed some sweet russian stuff and it is just a lovely rifle.  I have fired it about 50 rounds.  Here is the problem: it is such an awesome rifle that I am beginning to feel bad about shooting it.  I want to put alot of rounds through it, but I worry about parts breakage.

Obviously, Russian military equipment is designed to be robust.  Still I worry about not being able to get recoil springs, firing pins, extractors, etc.

Tell me I'm crazy.

Link Posted: 12/3/2018 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot it, OP. Stop at oh....30K rounds.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It really depends on what you want to do with the rifle. If you see it as an investment keep it oiled and locked away. I don't recall seeing anywhere online about people (other than Battlefield Vegas) complaining about worn parts on their Drags, but I'm not sure how many rounds they've shot through them either. For what it's worth I've got to have at least 3k-4k though my .308 NDM and other than the crappy finish wearing off I haven't seen any evidence of parts needing replacement anytime soon.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:00:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Shoot it and enjoy it. They are too nice to leave locked away.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input guys.

I'm going to buy some spare parts from Russia and just shoot the thing.  The spare parts are expensive, but it will give me peace of mind.  The parts are cheaper than buying a new DMR style rifle anyway.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude, shoot that thing. Enjoy while your alive LOL or the next guy will.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#6]
The only thing I recommend is putting some self adhesive loop side of velcro behind the ejection port to absorb some of the impact from spent casings.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Shoot it, but don't abuse it.  I do when I get a chance

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top