Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/11/2020 5:06:56 PM EDT
Just picked up a JRA Gallant clonre of the IMI Galil ARM.  Very nicely made clone.  Only thing I wish they would have done is install a chrome lined barrel.  IMI surplus mags fit good with hardly any movement.  What do the experts think?
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I was going to buy one, but the guy wanted 1050 and that was a hard no from me. Yours might be better, but this gun looked like shit, they didnt even bother refinishing it, and the top cover was loose. Grip was beat to death, and so on.

You didnt buy it off vgt did you? I see you're in VA. Maybe we looked at a different one. Sweaty Ben was selling them for like 800 bucks this past year.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup! I bought it of VGT this week.  I have several CAI Galonis to compare it too and this one hands down is better.   The stock has no play when deployed and the selector switch works as it should.   The gentlemen I bought it from also changed out the pistol grip to a correct IMI one.  The top cover is un-refinished, but not beat to hell and rusty like the CAI clones.  I really like the Hebrew defense shield and markings on the Gallant.  The one thing that I am happy that JRA did not add is the FAL style carry handle.  My CAI clone has one and I rattles too much and annoys the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw that gun but didnt bite on it. I felt he wanted too much. I think the ATI Galeo has better QC. I just don't care for JRA stuff.

I have like 4 kits. and a couple others.

The CAI ones are.... No.

Id call JRA's in the middle. I didn't like the way they put little to no effort into finishing. The receivers looked neat, No idea on function. I heard some had issues. For what he was asking, I'll wait for an ATI to come back in stock or build another kit. It's probably fine, but I never felt the JRA's were worth what he wanted for that gun. JRA's were all over the place when it came to fit and finish, and what they refinished and didn't
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Let us know how JRA runs
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw the ATI’s and didn’t like the fact that they cut corners on the receiver.  I ended up paying $900 for the Gallant which I thought was a fair deal.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw the ATI’s and didn’t like the fact that they cut corners on the receiver.  I ended up paying $900 for the Gallant which I thought was a fair deal.
View Quote

If its the same guy, he was "fim price" on everyone until you.  He was in NoVA. I have no doubt we looked at the same gun. 900 was OK in this market. 1050 is a hard pass for me. Galeos are going from 1250-1500 on GB, (wood ARM's). Saw several go for 1250 ish, and one go as high as 1500 (LOL).  ATI is making more Galeos as soon as they get barrels in. You did fine at 900.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 6:59:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I saw that gun but didnt bite on it. I felt he wanted too much. I think the ATI Galeo has better QC. I just don't care for JRA stuff.

I have like 4 kits. and a couple others.

The CAI ones are.... No.

Id call JRA's in the middle. I didn't like the way they put little to no effort into finishing. The receivers looked neat, No idea on function. I heard some had issues. For what he was asking, I'll wait for an ATI to come back in stock or build another kit. It's probably fine, but I never felt the JRA's were worth what he wanted for that gun. JRA's were all over the place when it came to fit and finish, and what they refinished and didn't
View Quote

I also saw the same rifle but didnt bite because he said he only fired 60rds and I know some of them had problems feeding and I didn't want to buy a lemon.  I hope it works out for the new owner .??????
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I like my gallant. I've only had it to the range once but shot fine with no issues. Only complaints I have is they didn't bother to clean a few of the surplus parts. Had a bunch of dirt and gunk in the buttstock hinge area. And the safety lever is bowed a bit. But functional.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I like my gallant. I've only had it to the range once but shot fine with no issues. Only complaints I have is they didn't bother to clean a few of the surplus parts. Had a bunch of dirt and gunk in the buttstock hinge area. And the safety lever is bowed a bit. But functional.
View Quote

I've seen several. A couple looked nice. One looked like it came out of a trash can. loose top cover, oval front sight, chunk from grip, wood was black (wtf). Most were in the middle and it didn't look like a lot of care was taken in part prep and selection. Its almost a BFPU look, I guess. JRA has never been my favorite. They have QC issues.

The ATI's had tight mag wells on the first run. If ATI turns more out, and they say they are (but out of wood) then that's what I'll buy for a shooter. I have 3-4 kits, an SAR project on a RTG kit, and a ARM kit that was new and unfired, but had carry wear. Those will get special project treatment.  

ATI says theyre waiting on barrels. I want one of theirs for a range toy.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top