BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/12/2018 1:15:49 AM EDT

Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:23:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Video, go to the 20:00 mark

Not bad. Not sure how well it would work in the way they use them compared to the VOGs. But against guys behind hard cover it might work well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought that was interesting. At any time I could take the baffles out of my homemade suppressor that's threaded 14x1 and if I had projectiles that fit inside the main tube, blanks could be used to launch them. However, it appears that explosive rounds of that caliber (about 1.35" in diameter) may be illegal to own, and the only thing I'd be able to launch legally may be nerf darts or golf balls or something. But I think the concept is pretty cool. It looks to me like the Russian soldier just got the idea to take an old suppressor shell or some other muzzle device and turn it into a launcher. I still don't know what I think of the conflict in Ukraine, but leaving politics aside, it does give us a window to look through to admire some of their weapons (and drool and wish they could be imported here). He used an interesting figure of speech, loosely translating to "necessity is the mother of invention." So I suppose if I were in combat for over a year, I'd start coming up with ideas like that too. I think they ran out of regular 30mm grenades for their launchers and they raided a Ukranian depot when they got those 29mm shells. I suppose the thing to do would be to have a magazine loaded with blanks only. That would speed up the reload process.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top