Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2018 10:16:09 PM EDT
I used to work at a surplus/gun store, and I still use him for transfers. I was talking AKs with him today and he started talking about his "Polish kit." Apparently he traded into this kit maybe ten years ago?

It's obviously Polish. And requires a milled receiver. Let me be clear: this isn't mine, and it isn't for sale. But he has no idea what it's worth. I'm trying to help him to decide if he should put it up for sale at his store or have it built.

Any ideas on history, age, or value? Bore looks chrome lined.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice. He's got all the grenade launcher accessories with it. that add on is worth a few hundred by itself.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a very valuable kit, especially in that condition. I would have it built on a Tortort receiver by someone like Two Rivers Arms or Piece of History Arms.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 1:11:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Not an AK expert by any means but judging by current kit prices without barrels, the uniqueness of this kit and taking the poster's above comment about the launcher parts value into consideration. I'd say value is probably pushing a K+
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 5:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Polish KBK GN 60.

The grenade accessory kit sells for $150 at Apex. The parts kits were just recently available earlier this year or last year for ~ $650 w/o the bbl IIRC.

Personally, I'd build it and shoot the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was talking AKs with him today and he started talking about his "Polish kit." Apparently he traded into this kit maybe ten years ago? It's obviously Polish. And requires a milled receiver.
View Quote
Negative. I have a Polish milled kit from that era that was built on a Hungarian SA-85M stamped receiver. You would just need to find 2 trunions. The quality of the kit is excellent. The Polish barrel is perfect.  GARY
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 12:34:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Negative. I have a Polish milled kit from that era that was built on a Hungarian SA-85M stamped receiver. You would just need to find 2 trunions. The quality of the kit is excellent. The Polish barrel is perfect.  GARY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was talking AKs with him today and he started talking about his "Polish kit." Apparently he traded into this kit maybe ten years ago? It's obviously Polish. And requires a milled receiver.
Well I'll certainly pass that along. That's great news!

I appreciate everyone's input. I'll encourage him to build it and enjoy it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please don't pass that along and ruin that kit. It was originally a milled rifle and I would highly suggest that if he has it re-built that it's done on a milled receiver and not cobbled together into a stamped gun.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#9]
That's very unique to me. I've built alot of AK's back in the day but have never seen a gas system like that. Very cool!
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Please don't pass that along and ruin that kit. It was originally a milled rifle and I would highly suggest that if he has it re-built that it's done on a milled receiver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please don't pass that along and ruin that kit. It was originally a milled rifle and I would highly suggest that if he has it re-built that it's done on a milled receiver.
I agree with the sentiment, but I'll give him his options. My vote is that he has it built with a proper milled receiver, but he let me take all of it home to go through, so I owe him all the information.

ETA: Considering he is in the process of moving his store, he'll probably just want to sell it anyway.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Please don't pass that along and ruin that kit. It was originally a milled rifle and I would highly suggest that if he has it re-built that it's done on a milled receiver and not cobbled together into a stamped gun.
View Quote
Well then I guess you don't like Milled Arsenal guns. They are stamped AK 100 parts cobbled together on a milled  receiver. Only the rare "found in the warehouse" so let's raise the price another $500 Classic is their true milled AK. Same difference. GARY
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well then I guess you don't like Milled Arsenal guns. They are stamped AK 100 parts cobbled together on a milled  receiver. Only the rare "found in the warehouse" so let's raise the price another $500 Classic is their true milled AK. Same difference. GARY
View Quote
You're right, I don't care for those. But even then, those are semi-auto versions of actual military rifles which furthermore use new productions parts. Not at all the same thing as taking a fairly scarce Polish milled kit with a threaded barrel and slapping it onto a Hungarian stamped kit (or any stamped kit, for that matter) meant for a pressed barrel.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Please this.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't ruin that kit.  Sell it to someone who can actually build it right, or advise your friend to do it right.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I agree with the sentiment, but I'll give him his options. My vote is that he has it built with a proper milled receiver, but he let me take all of it home to go through, so I owe him all the information.

ETA: Considering he is in the process of moving his store, he'll probably just want to sell it anyway.
View Quote
Yeah, ask him not to ruin it by putting it on a stamped receiver.

I have a Bulgarian milled receiver that's looking for a parts kit if he wants to sell!
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Please keep the buying and selling out of this thread so I don't have to lock it.

Buying and selling have to take place in the EE.
View Quote
Not my intent. Just wanted the information, and everyone here delivered.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Had one of those that was built by Chris Butler on a SLR100 receiver

Damn fine shooter,should have kept that one.Had the same box and extras

Attachment Attached File
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top