Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/16/2022 7:24:55 PM EDT
Hi all,
Does anyone have any experience with combining a TWS gen 3 Dog leg dust cover rail AND any railed gas tube together? Do they line up on the same plane?  

I'm considering possibly removing my factory front sight block and replacing it with a front flip-up BUIS on the railed gas tube. But only if the railed gas block and TWS line up so the rear TWS peep sight or a rear BUIS lines up with the front BUIS.

Thanks!
Hep
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I can say that the railed gas tube for SLR handguards does not line up to the TWS cover.  The gas tube rail is about 1/8" lower than the cover rail.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for that info, D. Do you know of ANY railed gas tube that might fit the bill? I don't want the full rail handguard (TWS has one that lines up) and prefer to keep my Zhukov handguard.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone have any experience with the TROY gas tube rail

Found this on-line. Not my pic nor rifle. Looks like a TWS and Troy lining up.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Dogleg and Ultimak on a 5.56 Saiga, they don't line up, but doesn't impact my set up at all.
As far as the Troy railed gas tube, I remember a few years ago AKOU did a video or 2 with one and they had problems with the jam nut that locks it in place backing off.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info. I think the only way to line them up is to go with the TWS dust cover AND their handguard rail system. And frankly, I don't want nor need the front rail system. I'm just going to stick with the stock set-up of factory front sight and TWS dust cover w/ peep.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top