Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/29/2021 3:56:22 PM EDT
I want to put an Eotech 553 on my 107 but I can't find RS Regulate or MI side rails in stock anywhere. I looked at the Zenitco but don't like that I have to use their lower handguard too.

I heard they are a hit and miss and don't like I won't have a rear sight (although they have an inexpensive peep sight you can get too). My 107 isn't my first rifle I'll grab but isn't just a range gun either.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Have had pretty good luck with the 2 I have had. Only mounted them on stubby AKs with Aimpoints in 7.62x39 that I shoot the piss out of our to 300 yards on steel 2/3 ipsc targets.  There's a little bendy tab if you need to tension it up.

That eotech would probably be fine on it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I just put one one my Yugo with an MRO.  It’s as solid as a rock.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
So I broke an ACOG, PEQ15, M68 CCO and SAW without trying in my past.

Will this stand up for me
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I am pretty happy with mine, and it's a rock-solid mount. the only reason I went this route is that I didn't want to drill holes in my SA93 for a side mount. pretty happy with it but there is a small gap on the side above the Arsenal logo but otherwise great mount. I did buy the rear sight too but it won't fit with the Aimpoint mounted.

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#5]
13Maddog,

Nice setup.

I had the same issue with a larger scope preventing the use of a rear sight on my TWS (Gen 2). However switching to a micro red dot has allowed me to add a rear sight back in. The new PA Prism sights should take up less real estate too.

Overall, my impression of the TWS Dogleg is that it's durable, but have to take caution when it's opened up. It's a viable option for an AK without a side rail, such as my Draco.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top