Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/20/2016 12:23:00 PM EDT
Howdy,

I have a TGI AMD65 that started life as a single stack and was opened up.  I filed some Bulgarian polymer mags to fit but I was wondering if anyone has used a Magpul magazine in theirs.

Did it fit without modifications?

Thanks,
Cheese
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
In my AMD-65, the Magpuls fit better (less wobble) than any other mag.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In my AMD-65, the Magpuls fit better (less wobble) than any other mag.
View Quote

THANKS!

The wobble drives me nuts and filing a magazine to fit (the Bulgarian) is the pits.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I've run Gen2 30's and the new 20's.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I got 2 when they first came out, just for range mags. They fit the receiver really well.

The plastic lug is a concern for me, for use other than practice.

My favorite mags for my amd are the Hungarian 20 rounders ( hit or miss as far as the receiver fit goes). They have always functioned well. Mine have USA made followers, and floor plates, for the lame 922r compliance.

I have some Polish 30 rounders that fit pretty well too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Fits well.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:11:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Both 20 rds and 30 rds Magpul fit well in my TGI AMD65.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
My old WASRs were opened up a little wide too, and the Magul mags fit with less wobble in them too.  I never got any of the M3 metal-lined ones, so I'm talking about the plastic MOE ones.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#8]
FWIW, I recently acquired a TGI AMD-65 and Magpul AK mags fit it excellent.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I run MP AK mags in mine - work great.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, it sounds pretty cut and dried - I guess I'll have to buy a few of the 20s for my AMD. However, by 'fit', it really means how does it lock into the rifle. 'Wobble' is a fact of life with most mags and most AKs, and its actually greatly reduced with loaded mags and closed bolt. I have a number of polymer mags that do not wobble in mine even empty. Most polymer mags in my rifle I have to trim the upper back edges to get them in.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top