Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2021 3:07:46 PM EDT
I order a triangle stock with 4.5 pin to swap onto my PSA 74 that has a solid stock.  I take it I just bang out the pin, add the triangle and bang the pin back in?  Anything I need to be aware of.
?  Should I remove from the top or bottom?  Or it doesn't matter?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#1]
You remove the receiver cover and drive the pin out from the bottom to the top. As with all things AK, fitting may be required to allow the new stock to latch open.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Trianlge came today, but the PSA pin seems too big?  I thought these were 4.5?  Or I'm I suppose to drill the hole bigger?
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Newer russian and bulgarian spec is actually 5.5mm.  Call PSA and ask them what they used before you start drilling.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Newer russian and bulgarian spec is actually 5.5mm.  Call PSA and ask them what they used before you start drilling.
View Quote

Took care of it yesterday. Ended-up drilling a 3/16 hole in my triangle (closest I had to the pin diameter).  Worked like a charm.  

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top