Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/19/2021 11:55:09 AM EDT
Anyone out there with experience with the Sureshot Mk2.1 chassis? I have their Bit mount and love it, and I'm looking at a more modern solution for a handguard for a complete AK overhaul. Aside from some mentions on IG and a few YouTube videos there's not a lot out there for in-depth feedback.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#1]
not cheap.

I'm pretty sure this was discussed before on here at some point. IIRC consensus wasn't positive, but like I said, been awhile.

I'm somewhat interested, but that's a lotta dough
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that's why I'm hesitant to fork over the cash. I like what it brings to the table in theory, but a complete chassis system is a lot of small ways to go wrong and there just doesn't seem to be that much end user feedback stateside aside from influencer peddling on Instagram.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
not cheap.

I'm pretty sure this was discussed before on here at some point. IIRC consensus wasn't positive, but like I said, been awhile.

I'm somewhat interested, but that's a lotta dough
View Quote

First time i have ever heard of this "system" for the AK. It looks pretty neat, but it seems they make a lot of niche products. Don't see them selling a lot of SVD rails! What were the negatives towards this? weird that it uses ACR rails. Cant be many of those.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#4]
For that price I would go with Zenitco. You could get their upper and lower handguards that go to the gas block and the top cover for not a whole lot more than that and then you'd have gear that you know for sure is quality and robust.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Never heard of (until now).    

Damn that’s cool.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:11:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

First time i have ever heard of this "system" for the AK. It looks pretty neat, but it seems they make a lot of niche products. Don't see them selling a lot of SVD rails! What were the negatives towards this? weird that it uses ACR rails. Cant be many of those.
View Quote
I don't recall. When I searched it, it wasn't something that I was like, oh, never seen that before. So I truly cannot recall where I've seen it before. I somewhat recall someone stating how heavy it was. I really can't remember though.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For that price I would go with Zenitco.
View Quote

I have used Zenitco going back to their original rails (the B10M was my first 'tactical' AK rail). They make good products, but they don't offer a solution I'm interested in - their products tend to be heavier and they don't offer MLOK.

I like the idea of the Sureshot Armament systems because the top rail has standoff from the replacement gas tube (which is apparently a smaller diameter to match the piston head), the barrel and handguard don't touch aside from the chassis attachment point, and it has an integral scope mount behind the RSB which can stay mounted to remove the dust cover, so I don't need to worry about re-zeroing. Lighter, MLOK, and cooler. In theory.

I've been talking with SAG about their offerings, I think I'm going to bite the bullet on either the Mk2 or the Mk2.1 in the next month or so.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool. Please post a review and a proper AAR please. 3 ups and 3 downs
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#9]
"See, what had happened was..."

Yeah, I'm gonna shadetree gunsmif the heck outta this so who knows. Might be all downs, no-go.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought a SAG low profile SVD sidemount for my optics. I didn't use it so I can't tell if it's good to go, but if you judge it by the looks and general impression It seems like good staf. Kind of sturdy and straight, and not too heavy as all russian made parts are.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:16:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been using their Bit mount for about 9 mos. It's a phenomenal mount and I vastly prefer it to the RS Regulate family for what it is.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top