Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 2/4/2020 3:02:50 PM EDT
Hello,
I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys regarding running my ACE pistol 7.62x39 suppressed. I’ve seen several youtube videos and postings here where folks have the Ace suppressed, Unfortunately, I haven’t had much luck with mine. I’m running a AAC SDN-6 and the fun seems to lock up every other round or so. Seems to be over gases a bit. Is there a fix for this that some one can recommend?
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:56:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By brico:
Hello,
I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys regarding running my ACE pistol 7.62x39 suppressed. I’ve seen several youtube videos and postings here where folks have the Ace suppressed, Unfortunately, I haven’t had much luck with mine. I’m running a AAC SDN-6 and the fun seems to lock up every other round or so. Seems to be over gases a bit. Is there a fix for this that some one can recommend?
Thanks in advance
View Quote
KNS Adjustable gas piston is a must.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/12/14/galil-ace-suppressed-kns-piston/
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:36:01 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
You’re a life saver! I’m on it now.. any spring adjustments or buffers needed in addition too the KNS?
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:10:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By brico:

You’re a life saver! I’m on it now.. any spring adjustments or buffers needed in addition too the KNS?
View Quote
Nope. That’ll do it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:59:11 PM EDT
I just ordered a Galil ACE 7.62x39 pistol. What other cans are you guys trying in conjunction with a KNS?

I own a Surefire SOCOM 762, but the flash hider requires timing with shims. I find this hard to do on a rifle that lacks a shoulder on the barrel. The Galil ACE has lock nut, but not sure how this would work with a Surefire flash hider. I think OSS may be the best way to go.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 6:03:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By themao:
I just ordered a Galil ACE 7.62x39 pistol. What other cans are you guys trying in conjunction with a KNS?

I own a Surefire SOCOM 762, but the flash hider requires timing with shims. I find this hard to do on a rifle that lacks a shoulder on the barrel. The Galil ACE has lock nut, but not sure how this would work with a Surefire flash hider. I think OSS may be the best way to go.
View Quote

The lock nut will work just fine to time the flash hider in my experience with my 5.56 and .308 ACEs. I'm using Griffin taper mounts with form 1 cans on mine and both were perfectly concentric when checked with an alignment rod.
I had my doubts about it also.
Top Top