Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/21/2021 9:31:11 PM EDT
I have a ZPAP92 with pre-drilled hole in the rear of the trunnion and am looking to add a pistol brace.

I see Zastava offers either a direct mount 1913 rail adapter or a buffer tube adapter.

I'd like to mount a side folding pistol brace, so when when it comes to mounting the brace to the adapter, what is the consensus on which is the sturdier mounting option?

From what I've seen a SB Tactical Folding Adapter combined with a buffer tube and brace of choice is the strongest mounting option, but I'm open to being persuaded.

There are certainly more 1913 pistol brace options but the few that I've held seem somewhat flimsy to me.

Does anyone have experience with both and could shed light on which they think is the stronger brace mounting option?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I cannot speak for the 1913 adapter but I have the ZPAP M85 with the SB brace, which impresses me with how solid and stable it is. Yes it looks awkward like the bastard child of an M4 and a Krink. But the SB brace is also the most comfortable AK stock to use (including under folders, standard wood stocks, Galil, and Arsenal SAM7 stocks). So from a functional use perspective, I prefer the SB, despite the looks. They even staked the castle nut to the tube/adapter.

If I were you I would get a side folding stock that direct attaches to the rear trunnion using the hole that is pre-drilled (at least on the Zastavas). OR, use the one with the SB Brace and either leave as it is (like me) or maybe attach the tube folding adapter which I have zero experience with.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Strongest side folding brace is the CNC/Bonesteel, in a contest to see who could last the longest bashing down a door or mortaring on the ground that’s where I’d put my money.
For regular use, a buffer tube mount or FS1913 (aluminum, not polymer) is fine for an AK pistol.

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top