Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/20/2018 7:57:48 PM EDT
I have a milled Mak90 and a friend gave me a butstock that doesn't not have a hole drilled in the stock for the screw.  Any idea on what size drill bit I need to use?  Will the screw that was used on the original thumb hole stock work or do I need  different screw?

Link Posted: 4/27/2018 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the stock has never been installed on a receiver before. If you have the screw from the thumb hole, I would just drill the hole the size of that screw and call it done. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Carefully fit the stock to your receiver so all four sides are flush with the rear when installed. It must be a very tight fit.

Carefully mark the center of the hole and drill with a bit one size smaller than the screw so it grabs a lot of material when seated.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Also ensure that there is a straight line through the rifle, from butt to front sight.

You don't want a crooked stock.  The MAK-90s are normally lined up really well, with very clean receiver dimensions.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Is there a lower tang ? If not you have a good chance of breaking your upper tang . 1/8 bit
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top