Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2020 9:42:49 PM EDT
I’ve had my AK-P for a little bit, and finally started looking at setting it up as a fighting gun. I predominately use an AR pistol as my truck gun, since ME law allows them to be loaded in a vehicle... opposed to long guns (have ME carry permit, as well as Federal L/E). I like options, especially since I will eventually have my TAC-14 AOWed, and considering a 700 CP for another pistol option.

I like the triangle brace, since it gives that Krinkov look. Not going to swap it out, even though it would make things a little easier.

I’ll probably will mount a short rail on the forend for a light; likely a TLR-1. Sight... probably will be a SIG micro red dot of some type. Had good experience so far, and for the price... I cannot complain.

But my biggest step is figuring out a sling. I’m a big fan of Magpul MS4 slings, but if I find the clip on the MS3 will attach to the OEM front loop, I might do that. I do like the ability to switch from one to two point slings. That being said, no idea on how I’m going to run the QD mount towards the rear.

First thought was to put a Picatinny mount on the rail to the rear... by the recoil assembly button. Unsure how that will mess with zero, or even if it will put too much torque on the top cover.

After that, I considered an adapter plate from Echo93. Only thing is I’d really have to consider how it will work, since the brace folds to the same side I’d want to put the sling mounting point to.

Really haven’t looked too hard at the adapter for the triangle brace, or if I’d be able to put some sort of QD point on there.

Open to any suggestions, or pictures/info of how others are running slings on their AK-Ps.

Thanks for taking a look.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen some folks throw the smallest picatinney QD adapter they can below the Brace hinge mechanism, some folks have also modified the side folder brace with a bolt on QD socket.  

The echo 93 sling plate should work as well, but i've not seen one in person.  I've got a triangle brace on the way to me now and i want to test it out
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:02:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Did anybody figure this out? I was looking at the plate too for a single point. Have an AKP and an AKV with the triangle brace.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe consider the MS3 to be able to go two point or single sling? If you use the standard Echo 93 plate there won't be an issue with the folding stock. Even tho the front factory sling loop is small, the paraclips do fit and they aren't bound up or tight on there.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea... that is what I’m planning. Really didn’t see any other solution that works as well.

I appreciate the pictures, as I wasn’t sure if the clips on the MS3 would fit on the Echo 93. I have a MS3 handy, and noticed what you mentioned on the front loop. I like the ability to go between one and two point, but since it is short, probably would be left in single point most of the time.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I am not really a fan of how the sling loop on the V1 touches my hand and am going to try the V2. It doesn't interfere with it, and really its not the sling loop that touches my hand, it's really the sling hook. Just something for you to consider if you think that will bother you also.

I like the option of having two point or single also and use the MS4 on my Mk18 and an MS3 on my Tavor with Strike Industries micro QD swivels. Unfortunately, since I'm a lefty it's single point only on the AK-V.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m thinking about switching to the K2 grips... a little more vertical than the standard MOE. Only time will tell if it’s an issue for me, but if I angle the grip down, should help out.

Other option... bend it slightly up.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I had thought about that also. Wrap it up in duct tape or put it between two boards and whack it a couple times with a hand sledge. Maybe I'll try that out tomorrow

I love the K2 grips. Have them on my AK-V and Mk18. Also put the B5 reduced angle grip on my M&P 15-22. That reduced grip angle just feels so much better.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Finally got the sling adapter...

I like it. Actually just got my AR back in use, so the AK-P will be going in the safe until I need it again. Should have the SUB-2000 back this upcoming week, which is wearing the red dot that will be going on the AK. Hopefully I can get out to the range before winter sets in.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#9]
drill holes/slots here...put a black zip tie through the hole, loop slimg thrpugh like normal krink ak style. befefits are:

good spot
can make it ambi
can wrap sling around stock and make tight when stock is open like russians do.

sorry no pics, sold my AKV. ETA found some!

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
drill holes/slots here...put a black zip tie through the hole, loop slimg thrpugh like normal krink ak style. befefits are:

good spot
can make it ambi
can wrap sling around stock and make tight when stock is open like russians do.

sorry no pics, sold my AKV. ETA found some!

https://i.ibb.co/YtS8fPC/Screenshot-20201121-164526.png

https://i.ibb.co/znxT3jn/Screenshot-20201121-164542.png

https://i.ibb.co/vkfVP24/Screenshot-20201121-164057.png

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Outstanding idea! Works like a champ.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#11]
thats how ya do it!

Nice 5.56 PAP!
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
thats how ya do it!

Nice 5.56 PAP!
View Quote

Totally digging this little "pistol".  It may get a stamp at some point.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#13]
This guy's idea was what I did and it's *perfect* :

It doesn't modify the brace at all just took a dremel, files, and a little elbow grease

Link Posted: 1/2/2021 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Another stellar idea.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It doesn't modify the brace at all just took a dremel, files, and a little elbow grease

https://i.imgur.com/PE5dewX.jpg
View Quote

Excellent solution
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:36:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Excellent solution
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/PE5dewX.jpg

Excellent solution

Would this cause any potential legal issues as a modification to the brace?

Edit: I see that there's adapters out there to add sling mounting points to braces already so should be no prob:  
SB Tactical Sling Adaptor for brace

Also found a vid of the guy making that sling mount:
Triangle Brace Sling Mount! TF1913 SB Tactical
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Would this cause any potential legal issues as a modification to the brace?
View Quote

As it sits now, there isn’t anything I can see... but after 1/20, the ATF will be on the prowl.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I used the Magpul type 1 & type 2 QD cups to install a sling on my AK-V and AK-P.

I drilled a hole through this portion of the brace. 3/16" drill bit allowed me to thread the screw through. It was a tight and perfect fit.

The QD cups fit perfectly in that space.

In the locked position.

With the Magpul QDM swivel.

The MS1 is such a nice simple sling. I'm using the paraclip for the front attachment point.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Sweet bump to a great thread.  Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I actually just ordered the two Magpul mounts and the adapter to change my sling from snap hooks to QD. Figured make it more ergonomic.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Did the install… one thing I’m sort of eh on is this.

It doesn’t lock completely in the folded position. It does start down the catch cut, so it will hold close. A quick slap, and it will fly open. I sort of like that, but just something to be aware of.

Debating about trying to adjust it forward a little more to see if I can get it to clear.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 1:45:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Try it on the other side such that when folded it’s on the outside, and when open on the safety side of the weapon

Edit : nvm, I see from above that’s how you have it.  Didn’t notice that it sticks out that far on the inside
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top