Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2021 12:55:44 PM EDT
I’ve got an old beater Russian  sks somewhere in the last 60 years the rear sight was lost or taken off for some reason.

Are all sks rear sights interchangeable?

Sources for a replacement sight?

Rather not buy off eBay but if that’s my only option guess I’ll do it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I am 99.9% sure they are the same other than recreating original. I used to throw them away, I wish I saved some for you.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
@1911greg (not sure if cheap accounts can at someone)

I have a Norinco blade, It has a minimal, minimal bend to it but you could easily flatten back with a vice. You’ll need the pin and the spring but it’s yours if you want it

Actually, I was wrong, you’ll just need the spring, the ears are the pin.

And wrong again, the bend is an optical illusion due to the slider. It’s flat and gtg.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@1911greg (not sure if cheap accounts can at someone)

I have a Norinco blade, It has a minimal, minimal bend to it but you could easily flatten back with a vice. You’ll need the pin and the spring but it’s yours if you want it

Actually, I was wrong, you’ll just need the spring, the ears are the pin.

And wrong again, the bend is an optical illusion due to the slider. It’s flat and gtg.
View Quote

Wow thanks so much I really appreciate it!  I’ll send ya a PM
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
PM’d you back. Let me know how you’d like it mailed as discussed and we’ll go from there.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#5]
@1911greg

If that doesn't work out for you, go to Liberty Tree Collectors LLC and they sell rear sight assemblies NOS still in cosmoline for a decent price.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#6]
It’s on the way and in USPS hands now. Should be there by Tuesday or so.

Post pics when you get it installed.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad you got the sight so quickly.

Also, AIM has sight leaf springs for ridiculously cheap.

One Dollar
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top