Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/15/2016 5:17:51 AM EDT
Hey all,

I am about to purchase an AK with a specific build in mind, and was wondering if I put a scope mount on the side rail, will most any stock still be able to fold along the right side?  I am bouncing a couple of ideas around and I just want to make sure that if I put a scope on the side rail then I will be able to properly fold it at any length, or would it have to be compacted fully- if foldable at all?

If anyone has any experience with the Zhukov Stock by Magpul I ask if they are able to rack and fire with the stock not inhibiting the charging handle.

Let me know guys,
-Neutron
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll have no problem with a right side folder with an optic mounted. As for charging the rifle with a Zhukov, if you look at pics of the stock it seems like it would be a little tight for your fingers but you can still fire with the stock folded.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a DDI rifle that came with the Zhukov. I can not operate the safety or charge the weapon with it folded. My handle will clear it but only from forcing it to flex making contact the whole length of the stock. I will not fire it folded.

I'm sort of drawn to the Chinese side folding stock solely on looks alone but wonder if it would fold with the optics mount in place.

As for the magpul, it looks cool and locks up tight. But I don't think I would shell out retail for one.

As for the Zhukov fore that came on the rifle. I absolutely hate it. Looking for a clamp replacement that's standard length and can accept a cleaning rod.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

It's difficult to tell, but my handle does indeed make contact
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#4]
My charging handle doesn't actually contact the Zhukov stock, but it is really close.  The safety is really hard to use with it folded.  You have to poke your fingers down between the stock and receiver to push the lever.  It could be done, but it's not comfortable at all.

Folding stocks are basically so you can fold to enter a tight space and then unfold when out of that tight space.  It works fine for that and locks up tightly.
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top