Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/14/2019 4:19:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro]
I'm trying to remove a Romanian trigger group to install an American Trigger Group.

So far I've had no luck with applying downward pressure on the spring and removing the front most pin.

Any tips? I've been watching youtube videos and it looks easy. In my case it is not.

This is a new rifle kit and parts were initially tight.

Pressure was applied and I cannot drive the pin out. It appears only a punch with no hammer is needed. No luck so far.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I had three AKs all Russian that I did internals replacement on.  One of the three had a different sherpards hook that was a real PITA to get out.  Had to analyze it differently than the others which were like the youtube video ones.  It has been  some time since then, but iirc I had to pull up in the end.  Take your time to figure out this particular one, come at it from a different angle or if all else fails cut the wire.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 1:30:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Speeddemon02:
I had three AKs all Russian that I did internals replacement on.  One of the three had a different sherpards hook that was a real PITA to get out.  Had to analyze it differently than the others which were like the youtube video ones.  It has been  some time since then, but iirc I had to pull up in the end.  Take your time to figure out this particular one, come at it from a different angle or if all else fails cut the wire.
View Quote
Thanks I might just do that. I also ordered a relainer plate. Heard putting it back in is a PITA
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I replaced all mine with Krebs retaining plates.  Compared to the hooks that came out typically and especially the problem hook the plates was super easy and very nice.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 7:12:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#4]
Ended up bending the rear of the spring, removed the trigger/pin, and pushed it out forward.

Installed my new trigger with the tapco plate
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top