Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2020 10:38:09 AM EDT
I've been collecting SKSs since they were below $100. I got laughed at when I started because "who would want to collect those pieces of crap?" Fast forward, I've got around a dozen or so. While I like them, they have sat in the safe for over 10 years taking up space, while the value has gone up.

Guessing selling individually would net the best prices, but also incurs the most hassle with shipping and coordinating with individual buyers. Anyone dump a collection before? Recommendations? EE is a possibility, as is Armlist (seems to get a lot of scams). Is there an SKS specific board that might net

Collection includes a legit papered vietnam bringback (I purchased from the individual that brought it back), Russian, Albanian, Romanian, Yugo, Multiple Chinese models (including a SKS-M).

Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#1]
people who buy collections demand, and get, a large discount. So.. you are going to take a long time to find someone willing to pay top dollar for your collection, because its "your" collection.

If you want full value.. sell individually.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
people who buy collections demand, and get, a large discount. So.. you are going to take a long time to find someone willing to pay top dollar for your collection, because its "your" collection.

If you want full value.. sell individually.
View Quote
Valid point, and that's kind of what I figured. Sounds like I need to start researching each one separately.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, sell separately and just be aware that some things are not selling all that hot right now , so price accordingly.

I have number of oddball items I'm looking to part with soon and will probably post online first then try a local auction house as the prices there seem to go higher than online stuff with the more common items
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#4]
They have been sitting this long, unless you are Really hurting for money, I'd sit on them till the next election cycle gets ramped up. I'm thinking the demand and value will jump.

Be looking for the places that have SKS collectors... I'm sure there are others.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I might be interested in one.  I want to add a few to my 'collection' (5 so far) in time.

Whenever you get around to it, shoot me a PM
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Valid point, and that's kind of what I figured. Sounds like I need to start researching each one separately.
View Quote
If and when you decide to sell your Albanian SKS, let me know
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If and when you decide to sell your Albanian SKS, let me know
View Quote
No.  I got dibs

Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Did an inventory today, now to determine prices. I forgot what a pain in the rear dating Type 56s can be. lol....

Albanian (1969)
Yugo M59 (1959-1966? exact date unk)
Yugo M59/66 (1973)
Romanian (1959)
Russian (1956)
Russian Refurb (1954)
SKS-M (Imported 1993, unknown mfg date)
Type 56 /0223\ (~1977)
Type 56 /0306\ ( year unknown, but serial ends in 31337 for you "leet" hacker types)
Type 56 /26\ Bakelite stock (1965)
Type 56 /26\ Papered Bringback (1966)
Type 56 /26\ "French Tickler" (bakelite ribbed upper handguard) (1980)
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, damn.  Just saw the WTS thread, but don’t live in WI for a FTF sale. Good price point on the Albanian though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, damn.  Just saw the WTS thread, but don’t live in WI for a FTF sale. Good price point on the Albanian though.
View Quote
It's in rough shape, but I don't think I've ever seen one that wasn't. I will probably ship at some point, but if I can sell some local and avoid the hassle, that saves time and money for all involved.

As for the prices, it's been difficult at best to price some of the rarer ones. Seems chicoms and yugos are all over the place for around $400. And the only recent papered bringback I could find sold for $1550.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's in rough shape, but I don't think I've ever seen one that wasn't. I will probably ship at some point, but if I can sell some local and avoid the hassle, that saves time and money for all involved.

As for the prices, it's been difficult at best to price some of the rarer ones. Seems chicoms and yugos are all over the place for around $400. And the only recent papered bringback I could find sold for $1550.
View Quote
Yeah, Albanian SKS stocks typically look like that, but the metal finish looks very good.  Typically the bores look very good/excellent as well as if they were carried quite frequently but shot very little.  My Albanian issued Chinese Type 56 externally looks like it’s been to hell and back, but the internals and bore are in mint condition.  I put a placeholder in your WTS ad in case it doesn’t sell locally and you decide to ship.  Additionally, I personally wouldn’t do a price drop either.   You’ve got it set at the sweet spot for Albanian SKS’s.  I’ve been looking for an Albanian SKS for my personal collection for awhile, so I am very familiar with their market values based on condition.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Just checked out the ad. Nice collection. I think you are low on the M59, it's a less common model. GLWS
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just checked out the ad. Nice collection. I think you are low on the M59, it's a less common model. GLWS
View Quote
Thanks, and you're not the first to mention that. I kinda thought the same thing, but the only recent sale I could find was cheaper than the 59/66. That said, it is pending sale (but the price has been updated).
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#15]
just like you took your time collecting them, take your time selling them, it will be fun and worth the reward.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top