Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/19/2022 7:18:06 PM EDT
I dont know why, but i have always wanted a short barrel Galil Ace. I am gravitating towards the Gen 2 8.3" 7.62x39 primarily as a 'fun gun'.

I have never shot one so I am looking for some first hand feedback.  

Are they GTG in factory stock condition? 'Necessary' upgrades? Any aftermarket smiths that specialize in them?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
They are built by a military factory in Israel, good to go out of the box

If you want to customize, KNS delete kit allows you to put an AR pistol grip on it, and you can get ACE specific ALG triggers or mod an ALG AK trigger

These take all AK mags, but you may need the delete kit for the drums

Recoil can be heavy for a 7.62x39 due to overgassing  by design, but you can get a Galil ACE KNS gas piston to lessen it or put a good brake on it or both, luckily the KNS piston install on the ACE is the easiest of all pistons since it’s already held in place by a roll pin

Also you can change up the arm brace, KNS makes a 1913 rail adapter for the rear and you can add all the braces at that point, or stock once you Form 1
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the 8.3" but sold it for the 13".
The 8 was much lighter and better looking but it is an absolute flame throwing concussive beast.
The 13 is much softer and pleasant to shoot in my opinion.
Too bad there's not the perfect 10" best of both worlds version.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top