Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/23/2018 3:05:32 PM EDT
Checking to see if anyone has used/installed the CNC warrior tubular folding stock on a Sam7K. Here is the link to the product https://www.cncwarrior.com/SAM7K-Folding-Stock-p/28095.htm

I have a SAm7k and this appears to be the easiest setup thus far to get a stock on it.  Thoughts, suggestions and comments are welcome
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 12:21:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I have one and it's imo the best setup for the Sam7. Made specifically for that model, super easy to install and locks up real tight. I also bought the AR pistol tube adaptor that utilizes the same folding mechanism so you can put an AR style pistol brace on there now and when your stamp comes in, you simply switch it out for tubular Galil style stock.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, I have one and it's imo the best setup for the Sam7. Made specifically for that model, super easy to install and locks up real tight. I also bought the AR pistol tube adaptor that utilizes the same folding mechanism so you can put an AR style pistol brace on there now and when your stamp comes in, you simply switch it out for tubular Galil style stock.
View Quote
Thanks for the input/reply. Can you post some pics when you have a chance?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd like to see that as well. ^^^^
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd like to see that as well. ^^^^
View Quote
Count me in also.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]
What's involved with installation on a SAM7?
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
The sam7k is the pistol line.  There's the one oddball -03 model has its own buffer tube setup from the factory.  All the other models have a sling swivel mounted on the back.  You cut through the swivel with a dremel and it falls out.  Then you're left with a figure-8 shaped hole in the rear of the gun.

Some of the dedicated sam7k adapters have a screw setup that fits in that figure 8 hole and then you tighten down a nut on the inside of the gun.  If you go that route, its less modifications to the gun, but the adapter must have some sort of lip on it to keep from pivoting around the one stud.  If you look closely at the cncwarrior photos, it has 4 such lips to keep it from rotating.  So it looks to be bigger than the receiver in every direction.  Or you can drill and tap the back of the receiver for the standard ace-pattern 2-hole stock adapters.  The back of the receiver is strong and thick enough to hold onto the 2 screws.  I used a $7 dewalt drill bit and tap from Lowes and it worked fine on my sam7k.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:59:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The sam7k is the pistol line.  There's the one oddball -03 model has its own buffer tube setup from the factory.  All the other models have a sling swivel mounted on the back.  You cut through the swivel with a dremel and it falls out.  Then you're left with a figure-8 shaped hole in the rear of the gun.

Some of the dedicated sam7k adapters have a screw setup that fits in that figure 8 hole and then you tighten down a nut on the inside of the gun.  If you go that route, its less modifications to the gun, but the adapter must have some sort of lip on it to keep from pivoting around the one stud.  If you look closely at the cncwarrior photos, it has 4 such lips to keep it from rotating.  So it looks to be bigger than the receiver in every direction.  Or you can drill and tap the back of the receiver for the standard ace-pattern 2-hole stock adapters.  The back of the receiver is strong and thick enough to hold onto the 2 screws.  I used a $7 dewalt drill bit and tap from Lowes and it worked fine on my sam7k.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great ifo, thank you.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#8]
M4, I'm going to get the CNC Warrior adaptor, FWIW
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:58:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Id love to get your impressions on the installation process once you do.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I am about to install one of the CSS folding AR receiver extension adapters. It is an ACE type setup with the boss in the middle. I'll file the existing hole into a slot, drill holes large enough for screws to go through, and use nuts and maybe some washers on the backside. The plate on the back of the receiver is probably thick enough to support a tapped configuration, but it still isn't very thick and I'd like to have more than a couple threads of contact. I'm probably going to install a Shockwave brace on this one.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@M4 I just ordered the adaptor.... I'll let you know how it goes. (I'll do pics etc as this info does not seem to be out there on the web)
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@M4 I just ordered the adaptor.... I'll let you know how it goes. (I'll do pics etc as this info does not seem to be out there on the web)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice, please ping me when you do, very interested.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:I'll file the existing hole into a slot, drill holes large enough for screws to go through, and use nuts and maybe some washers on the backside. The plate on the back of the receiver is probably thick enough to support a tapped configuration, but it still isn't very thick and I'd like to have more than a couple threads of contact. I'm probably going to install a Shockwave brace on this one.
View Quote
I went with just tapping the rear of the receiver and so far its holding up fine.  Figured if it over stripped out, I'd use one of these bad boys.  Its a tapped block with the right holes the correct distence apart.  
http://stormwerkz.com/accessories/ak-pistol-tapped-block/

As far as more details about what everything looks like on the back of the gun this thread has pictures of the swivel and the figure 8 hole after you cut the swivel off.  Installation of the CNCwarrior folding hinge really is just sticking a stud through that hole and tightening a nut.
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188548
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Come to find out the folding AR stock adapter at CSS is an ACE product. I installed it today. It doesn't add much length at all. I filed a slot for the boss and decided to just tap the back plate. I had 2 threads of engagement on one side and 3 threads on the other side of each hole. It seemed solid enough. I'll keep an eye on it after getting some range time and go with that Stormwerks part if needed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#15]
@M4 hinge arrived today... it seems to be *very* well built. Finish is excellent.

will try to install it tomorrow

unfortunately my brace doesn't arrive until friday or saturday
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@M4 hinge arrived today... it seems to be *very* well built. Finish is excellent.

will try to install it tomorrow

unfortunately my brace doesn't arrive until friday or saturday
View Quote
Nice, looking forward to the review, thank you.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Come to find out the folding AR stock adapter at CSS is an ACE product. I installed it today. It doesn't add much length at all. I filed a slot for the boss and decided to just tap the back plate. I had 2 threads of engagement on one side and 3 threads on the other side of each hole. It seemed solid enough. I'll keep an eye on it after getting some range time and go with that Stormwerks part if needed.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/168471/20181115_154543_jpg-740418.JPG
View Quote
@evlblkwpnz what did it take to install the four piece flash hider?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/168471/20181115_154543_jpg-740418.JPG
View Quote
how do you put the muzzle device? do you need to re-thread the barrel?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@evlblkwpnz what did it take to install the four piece flash hider?
View Quote
That was basically a parts gun that sat for a really long time missing all of the Krink specific parts. It was a parts donor for an AKSU-12 shotgun build. The SAM7K now has a regular threaded Krink GB on it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I just saw that KVAR has a SAM7k with the correct threaded gas block now. It also has the small section of 1913 rail with a sling swivel. Any idea if one of the MPX stocks that attach to a rail section would work? I would hope the rail section is bolted on. That would open up stock options.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just saw that KVAR has a SAM7k with the correct threaded gas block now. It also has the small section of 1913 rail with a sling swivel. Any idea if one of the MPX stocks that attach to a rail section would work? I would hope the rail section is bolted on. That would open up stock options.
View Quote
I *believe* that the rail is part of the receiver, or welded on. I've seen pics of the MPX style stock and brace so I think its safe to say those are compatible.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I *believe* that the rail is part of the receiver, or welded on. I've seen pics of the MPX style stock and brace so I think its safe to say those are compatible.
View Quote

The pic rail is bolted on.  There probably aren't any existing adapters or mounts yet to put other stocks on with that square hole interface.  But its something that'll probably happen pretty soon.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5161686&postcount=37

The question I have is if there's enough meat left here to drill and tap the rear end for a stormwerkz hinge.  That's the most compact way to setup the rear end.  And on the model with just the sling swivel, there was plenty of room left to poke your holes and mount the hinge without needing 5 layers of adapters.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 1:19:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/images/7b26fa4e4ed0f152c81fe8c2f3345abe/tenor.gif

The pic rail is bolted on.  There probably aren't any existing adapters or mounts yet to put other stocks on with that square hole interface.  But its something that'll probably happen pretty soon.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5161686&postcount=37
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=601&pictureid=2129

The question I have is if there's enough meat left here to drill and tap the rear end for a stormwerkz hinge.  That's the most compact way to setup the rear end.  And on the model with just the sling swivel, there was plenty of room left to poke your holes and mount the hinge without needing 5 layers of adapters.
View Quote
Thank you for the photos. I would think someone could easily make an adaptor or receiver side of the hinge to fit the square hole. I think I will be buying one of these soon. I was considering one but didn’t want to deal with cutting the barrel or changing the gas block out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
I think you'd wind up regretting it.  I believe that with a little patience, CNCW and others will start to fab some sleek adapters that use this square cutout and bolt system to mount to. And the general and specifically torsional strength of those will be formidable.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I think you'd wind up regretting it.  I believe that with a little patience, CNCW and others will start to fab some sleek adapters that use this square cutout and bolt system to mount to. And the general and specifically torsional strength of those will be formidable.
View Quote
And add another 3/8 - 1/2" to the length of the gun.  3/8" for the aforementioned adapter, 1/4" for the folding hinge, 1/4" for the pignose adapter.  If you want a right side folder, you're already adding the better half of an inch between your receiver and the buffer tube.  And you're building up a chain of parts all stacked together.  How many adapter are you allowed to have before you enter bubba territory?

I like the OG sam7k receiver.  No problems at all drilling and tapping the ass end of it.  You dont get the added girth from some unnecessary intermediate adapter.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Good advice. Hard to wait for a part to be fabbed. I just got my sam7k44 and I'm thinking of spending the 100$ on the sig folding buffer tube adapter... cncwarrior doesn't pick up the phone or answer emails regarding timeline for the part. On another note, SLR rifleworks did answer my queries and the EXT handguard for sam7k will be avail in 3 weeks...
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 11:56:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Good advice. Hard to wait for a part to be fabbed. I just got my sam7k44 and I'm thinking of spending the 100$ on the sig folding buffer tube adapter... cncwarrior doesn't pick up the phone or answer emails regarding timeline for the part. On another note, SLR rifleworks did answer my queries and the EXT handguard for sam7k will be avail in 3 weeks...
View Quote
It’s a pretty simple fix. Just need a spacer and CNCW’s Sam7 set up.
My 44 with their brace.

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top