Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2018 3:32:57 PM EDT
Hey everyone,
I am trying to put a alg trigger and krebs retainer in my sam7sf.  I am trying to figure out how to remove the safety lever with the thumb selector.  I took out the cotter pin but after that should the thumb selector pop off to allow me to pull the safety out?  Thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Bumpity bump.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#2]
it should pop out, but sometimes they get sticky, either from residue or old oil or whatever. It can and will come apart.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Remove the grip. Tap the ambi lever up from the bottom.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey everyone,
I am trying to put a alg trigger and krebs retainer in my sam7sf.  I am trying to figure out how to remove the safety lever with the thumb selector.  I took out the cotter pin but after that should the thumb selector pop off to allow me to pull the safety out?  Thanks for any advice.
View Quote
There's a wire type clip that holds the left side thumb safety to the main selector lever. There is a hole drilled through both and the clip goes through the hole holding both together. You can use some needle nose pliers to remove the wire clip and then you remove the main selector lever as normal.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys but i am having no luck at all.  I removed the wire clip right away that was in the safety lever and thumb lever so that isn’t the issue.  I pounded on thumb lever part inside the ak with a metal punch but no luck.  I think the factory must have welded or soldered those two pieces together.  I might just send it in as I don’t want to bust it up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#6]
That's interesting. Mine came apart very easy once I figured it out thanks to a post over on the akfiles. Here's something else I found out that may help someone reading this. If you change your fire control group don't throw away or damage your pin retaining (sheperd's crook) wire because the plates don't work in this model. At least the Krebs plate I had wouldn't work and I've read on the akfiles other don't either.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Ahhh figured it out.  I didn’t realize the thumb safety to slide up (relative to the gun) vs sideways on the safety.  I saw a diagram on the safety and noticed it couldn’t fit unless i went upwards.  I just took the handle off and smacked it with a rubber hammer and it popped off.  I need to quit while i am ahead!
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 1:08:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got everything in (alg says the trigger is drop in for the sam7’s which is false since i had to put the roll pin in and file it a bunch to prevent the trigger from firing).  I did however get the krebs plate to work perfectly with no issues.  Now it functions awesome.  Thanks guys for the help!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top