Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/16/2021 3:46:07 PM EDT
I need a saiga iz132 converted but I'm not sure who to trust. I can't afford for this gun to be ruined as I can't replace it. Who is the best company for this job?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Saiga conversions are fairly simple, but the first question is what level of conversion?

If you want to do a clone then it will be more expensive. If you just want more of a functional rifle then it will be cheaper and easier. What I mean by this is for clone correct you are going to need to rivet in a trigger guard, replace both the fsb and gb, notch the barrel for a handguard retainer, etc., or you could just use a bolt in trigger guard, keep the factory fsb and gb and thread the barrel as is and use a bolt on handguard retainer, or any mix of those.

I just did a .223 Saiga conversion and did it myself with basic tools with the exception of swapping out the fsb, paid someone local to do that for me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is the videos I used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waj8aLz-xY4&ab_channel=EdKern
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top