Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/26/2021 10:34:36 AM EDT
Hi folks,

I'm nearly finished with my Saiga 12 conversion. I fixed the first major issue, mags falling out of the gun every time it goes boom. But I've discovered another issue. The gun will run great for 5 to 10 rounds and then I start getting both stovepipes and light primer strikes. I realized that the rear right leg of the trigger spring is jumping off the trigger regularly. When it does so, the bolt binds a bit on the hammer, and I get light primer strikes. It appears the spring is rubbing a bit against the bolt hold open.

Should I assume something is wrong with the spring and replace it (I have at least 5 stock ones I can try), or should I expect all of them are going to rub against the bolt hold open? I'm pretty sure I bent this one to get it to fit originally, and that it has now unbent itself causing this issue.  Just curious if anyone else has had this problem, and what you did to fix it.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Assuming you bought your kit from CSS, just remove a little material where it rubs the bho. If you're using a "paperclip" pin retainer I'd suggest a Shepard's hook plate to keep everything from wiggling. Trigger group pins might have too much travel room from when you drilled out the reciever.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Standard procedure on all Tromix Saiga-12 conversions was to pull the R/H leg up with a pair of pliers and twist it clockwise.  That puts the 90 degree dogleg part of the spring sloping downward/outward and keeps the spring leg toward the R/H wall of the receiver.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Standard procedure on all Tromix Saiga-12 conversions was to pull the R/H leg up with a pair of pliers and twist it clockwise.  That puts the 90 degree dogleg part of the spring sloping downward/outward and keeps the spring leg toward the R/H wall of the receiver.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

View Quote
This is exactly what I needed. Thanks!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top